• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

OK.

It's not awful, but it felt like one of those syndicated supernatural private investigator shows from 90's. If the producers wanted to skimp on the budget making the effects look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer's (circa 1999) then they should of added a level of TWD-style grittiness. It really wanted to transport us to some seedy underbelly of the occult, but it just regurgitated satantic cliches instead.

But, I admit it has promise.

I'll stick with it.

For now. ;)

OK.

It's not awful, but it felt like one of those syndicated supernatural private investigator shows from 90's. If the producers wanted to skimp on the budget making the effects look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer's (circa 1999) then they should of added a level of TWD-style grittiness. It really wanted to transport us to some seedy underbelly of the occult, but it just regurgitated satantic cliches instead.

But, I admit it has promise.

I'll stick with it.

For now. ;)

Of the 4 shows. I like this one the best. (thumbs u

The character is very likeable. The show was not boring.

I rank em like this so far.

Constantine

Gotham(started off great)

then a drop off to

Flash(CW fluff)

then a big drop off with

Agents of Shield(most of the time just slow).

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Constantine is now posted to On-Demand, so I watched it again.

As a long-time John Constantine fan, I couldn't be happier. It does a great job of demonstrating he has a very troubled past, and is in the middle of a dark war between Heaven and Hell.

This will be one of the comic book shows I will be watching often.

:whee:

Myself, I don't see this show lasting too long.

Besides creative issues, it's a "licensed" property residing in a Friday Night death sentence. Grim's situation is a little different. It had nothing too lose to build an audience, too much of the same without the creative forces or powerful ensemble cast like a CSI or NCIS spin-off and it will wind up like "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland". :(

I just finished it and I thought it was just ok. Nothing too original but I think there are plenty of Constantine story arcs that will make great TV if the use them.

Well, I made it through about half the episode. It's pretty awful. I'll power through the rest later.

I get that they have to lay some groundwork, but its just a mess. There is absolutely no subtly to it. I kept flashing to scenes from the Evil Dead whenever someone was possessed.

Unless it gets a lot better, this isn't going to last long.

Plot Synopsis For CONSTANTINE Season 1 Episode 4: "A Feast Of Friends" Released

---------------------

Constantine - Episode 1.04 - A Feast of Friends 11/14/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Friday)

A DEMON WITH A KILLER APPETITE IS UNLEASHED IN ATLANTA - JONJO O'NEILL GUEST STARS -- When Constantine's (Matt Ryan) old friend Gary Lester (guest star Jonjo O'Neill) accidentally releases a powerful demon in Atlanta, John is forced to determine exactly what he is prepared to sacrifice in his battle with the underworld.

Harold Perrineau and Angélica Celaya also star.

---------------------

:ohnoez:

Guess who is coming to town.

CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 5 Synopsis; "Danse Vaudou" - 'The Spectre' Debuts

---------------------

CONSTANTINE AND PAPA MIDNITE MUST JOIN FORCES TO LAY TO REST A DEADLY THREAT – EMMET SCANLAN AND MICHAEL JAMES SHAW GUEST STAR – In New Orleans, Constantine’s (Matt Ryan) unusual knowledge of a string of crimes gets him into trouble with Detective Jim Corrigan (guest star Emmett Scanlan). He must form an unholy alliance with Papa Midnite (guest star Michael James Shaw) when a voodoo ritual to help people communicate with their dead loved ones takes a deadly turn. Charles Halford and Angélica Celaya also star.

---------------------

Guess who is coming to town.

CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 5 Synopsis; "Danse Vaudou" - 'The Spectre' Debuts

---------------------

CONSTANTINE AND PAPA MIDNITE MUST JOIN FORCES TO LAY TO REST A DEADLY THREAT – EMMET SCANLAN AND MICHAEL JAMES SHAW GUEST STAR – In New Orleans, Constantine’s (Matt Ryan) unusual knowledge of a string of crimes gets him into trouble with Detective Jim Corrigan (guest star Emmett Scanlan). He must form an unholy alliance with Papa Midnite (guest star Michael James Shaw) when a voodoo ritual to help people communicate with their dead loved ones takes a deadly turn. Charles Halford and Angélica Celaya also star.

---------------------

:headbang:

Constantine = meh. But Zed is hot. I would tune in to watch her every week. In fact, just have her on screen the entire time. It can do without constantine, the jerky dialogue, or clunky plot mechanics.

The show feels like watered-down X-files from the early 90's. But lacking the intrigue or creepyness factor.

In fact, just throw in a dog, and retitle the show "Scooby-doo".

-T

:news:

Remember kiddies,

When you see a car mysterious filling up with murky water at an alarming rate, you want to use the crowbar to struggle at prying open the door so the actor can hit his mark on the ground with a quip instead of just smashing out the door's window.

I thought Episode 2 was much better than Episode 1, and really enjoyed the mix of the paranormal with the satanic.

The character Zed really comes across quite well, and seems like she will put John through his paces over the episodes. Good. He needs that!

:sumo:

But overall, I enjoyed it.

:cloud9: