• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.

Exactly. These superhero TV shows are like the superhero movies. Does Avengers or Iron Man 3 come close to the level of a movie like The Godfather? No, it is just a fun movie. Just like these superhero TV shows.

Expecting a superhero TV show to be like Breaking Bad is just :insane: We don't expect it of the superhero movies, so why do we expect it from the superhero TV shows? (shrug)

4vibak.jpg

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.

Exactly. These superhero TV shows are like the superhero movies. Does Avengers or Iron Man 3 come close to the level of a movie like The Godfather? No, it is just a fun movie. Just like these superhero TV shows.

Expecting a superhero TV show to be like Breaking Bad is just :insane: We don't expect it of the superhero movies, so why do we expect it from the superhero TV shows? (shrug)

The super hero movies by Marvel and the Nolan Batman and Man of Steel movies are way above these TV superhero shows entertainment wise. There is no comparison. So far with these super hero TV shows we have been getting fluff. None have been must see TV. For comparison's sake the last Captain America, X-Men and GOTG were must see superhero action movies. They are the pinnacle of super hero action movies. I think most of us would agree that the Flash, Gotham and Agents of Shield will never have the same impact that the Nolan Batman and Marvel movies will have. Don`t get me wrong I like Flash, Gotham and Agents of Shield, but I am not going to get real excited about them like the Game of Thrones show or The Guardians of The Galaxy movie. They are just not at that level. Before they came on I didn`t know that, but after watching every episode of Flash, Gotham and Agents of Shield I can see they will be average shows. There is nothing wrong with that, but I did expect better.

Look at the Flash and Gotham shows. Are they really that much better then the

1990s Flash TV series or Smallville? Is Agents of Shield any better then Lois and Clark? That's were my disappointment is. In the Superhero movies there have been big advancements like Avengers, while watching the super hero TV shows I feel like I am watching cookie cutter average shows. They are ok,but people have so many more choices now. With that being said I do find Gotham the best of this lot, and one that, maybe that has the potential to become must see TV. (thumbs u

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Black Mask is going to appear this soon?

Gotham_108__OfficeArena11803_hires2%2B%5Bwww.imagesplitter.net%5D.jpeg

Synopsis For GOTHAM Season 1, Episode 9 "Harvey Dent" Revealed

---------------------

Selina leads a new friend on a perilous journey through Gotham to evade the assassins on her trail. Following a misstep, Gordon is reassigned to duty at Arkham Asylum in the all-new “Harvey Dent” episode of GOTHAM.

---------------------

GOTHAM Set To Introduce Scarecrow

--------------------

Executive producer Danny Cannon revealed at Comikaze that the writers are in the midst of working on an episode that will introduce a young Scarecrow: "We're breaking the story now, the villain will be seen as a child, before he takes on the Scarecrow moniker. In fact, it's something that will be passed on to him from his father, which will create an eventual enemy for Batman while still having an adversary for Jim Gordon."

--------------------