• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,875 posts in this topic

Couldn't let the year go by without spotlighting one of my favorite comic books. It's now 60 years ago that Fawcett Publications closed shop (with this historic, if under appreciated book):Marvel Family 89, with the ironic of ironic cover blurbs "And then there were none". There has been much speculation that going to press this probably wasn't intended to be the swan song for the Captain and Co, so the cover images and blurb were unintentionally "prophetic".

I've always contended, since Captain Marvel was arguably at his peak,the golden ages most popular super hero, with this issue marking his and the house he built's passing, i feel this is truly the last 'golden age' comic. It certainly went to press in 53(probably around this time of year), but the cover is dated 54, the year the silver age flash ushered in the new age. With the announcement of a 'Shazam' movie, the name the Captain is marketed and now, known as 60 years after his original publisher closed shop, it's amazing and one wonders what could have been if Fawcett didn't throw in the towel with this issue. On a side note, an issue of 'Fawcett's Funny Animals(no. 83)was also published along side this issue, but that series star, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, hadn't appeared as the 'Marvel Bunny' on the cover of the series for years by it's demise. so this book really closed out what Fawcett's greatest contribution to super hero culture was. 'Shazam!" MarvelFamily89_zps3cd81e24.jpg

Edited by Sagii

Couldn't let the year go by without spotlighting one of my favorite comic books. It's now 60 years ago that Fawcett Publications closed shop (with this historic, if under appreciated book):Marvel Family 89, with the ironic of ironic cover blurbs "And then there were none". There has been much speculation that going to press this probably wasn't intended to be the swan song for the Captain and Co, so the cover images and blurb were unintentionally "prophetic".

I've always contended, since Captain Marvel was arguably at his peak,the golden ages most popular super hero, with this issue marking his and the house he built's passing, i feel this is truly the last 'golden age' comic. It certainly went to press in 53(probably around this time of year), but the cover is dated 54, the year the silver age flash ushered in the new age. With the announcement of a 'Shazam' movie, the name the Captain is marketed and now, known as 60 years after his original publisher closed shop, it's amazing and one wonders what could have been if Fawcett didn't throw in the towel with this issue. On a side note, an issue of 'Fawcett's Funny Animals(no. 83)was also published along side this issue, but that series star, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, hadn't appeared as the 'Marvel Bunny' on the cover of the series for years by it's demise. so this book really closed out what Fawcett's greatest contribution to super hero culture was. 'Shazam!" MarvelFamily89_zps3cd81e24.jpg

Thanks for this information...had never seen or heard of this book!

:applause::applause::applause:

mm

Thanks for this information...had never seen or heard of this book!

:applause::applause::applause:

mm

Thanks Marty. All Star Comics 57, and Captain America Comics 74(though not the last issue of the series, but the last issue Cap appeared in under Timely in the series) get accolades as seminal last issues(appearances)this book deserves a place side by side with those.