• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Avenging Spider-Man #9 seems to be selling like hot cakes, if CGC makes a label designation as "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel", we might have another legitimate Modern key.

I was just writing about that. CGC needs to be proactive instead of reactive on this one. CGC needs to call Marvel now or do the reseach and make sure which issue Avenging Spider-Man #9 or Captain Marvel #1 (2012) will have the notation of "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel" on the label.

I got no problem buying and flipping a modern like this, but doesn't this book give people some pause? This has the potential to be a key? Really?

Why not? Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel, a different character than her previous Ms. Marvel persona. Kind of like Tales of the Teen Titans #44, Grayson becomes Nightwing, a different character than his previous Robin persona.

Okay that example does makes it sound much more acceptable.

I agree with other poster. This is becoming ridiculous.

It's all ridiculous. :ohnoez:

And entertaining. :banana:

Keep focusing on those Ms Captain Marvels everyone. lol

Avenging Spider-Man #9 seems to be selling like hot cakes, if CGC makes a label designation as "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel", we might have another legitimate Modern key.

I was just writing about that. CGC needs to be proactive instead of reactive on this one. CGC needs to call Marvel now or do the reseach and make sure which issue Avenging Spider-Man #9 or Captain Marvel #1 (2012) will have the notation of "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel" on the label.

I got no problem buying and flipping a modern like this, but doesn't this book give people some pause? This has the potential to be a key? Really?

Why not? Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel, a different character than her previous Ms. Marvel persona. Kind of like Tales of the Teen Titans #44, Grayson becomes Nightwing, a different character than his previous Robin persona.

Good point well made.

Good point well made.

I don't think it's official, but the Marvel wiki notes Captain Marvel (2012) #1 as her first appearance.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_1

Uhm, no. Reactive is fine. I prefer they use their resources to grade books. (thumbs u

Those same resources will be used to reholder all the books that are not properly labelled to begin with.

5 minute phone call, 1 email or 15 minutes of research can save weeks in grading time for mislablled comics.

Surprised by your comment, knowing you have expressed your fustration when CGC mislabels or adds no notation to a comic and you have send it back to CGC to reholder.

Good point well made.

I don't think it's official, but the Marvel wiki notes Captain Marvel (2012) #1 as her first appearance.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_1

I think they fully intended CM #1 to be the first appearance since it chronologically takes place before AS #9, but for some reason AS #9 beat it to the newsstand by a week.

Uhm, no. Reactive is fine. I prefer they use their resources to grade books. (thumbs u

Those same resources will be used to reholder all the books that are not properly labelled to begin with.

5 minute phone call, 1 email or 15 minutes of research can save weeks in grading time for mislablled comics.

Surprised by your comment, knowing you have expressed your fustration when CGC mislabels or adds no notation to a comic and you have send it back to CGC to reholder.

So for every "new" comic they should be doing research or making a phone call? No. If you want it on the label then give them a heads up. They don't read the comics. We do.

I think they fully intended CM #1 to be the first appearance since it chronologically takes place before AS #9, but for some reason AS #9 beat it to the newsstand by a week.

It's Big Hero 6 all over again :frustrated:

+1

:whee: I made a buck or two off those. Time to dig for some of these

I had a feeling this book would become key if/when they announced a movie so picked this CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 CGC 9.8 (back in September).

I need to reholder it (it got a crack en-route in the post), so will see what legend it gets on the label. Personally I think this will be the one to secure over Avenging Spiderman #9.

captain marvel # 1 is where she takes the name Captain Marvel. That is her first appearance where she dawns that name.

:) avenging 9 is not her first appearance where she takes that name. anyways have a good weekend everyone.

Avenging #9 is her first appearance as Captain Marvel to hit the newsstand according to the Marvel website, although chronologically it picks up after CM #1 story-wise. It came out a week earlier than CM #1 though, and Marvel's story synopsis for Avenging #9 says

"Spider-Man plummets into action with the all-new Captain Marvel! Is the World's Greatest Super Hero ready for a ride with Earth's Mightiest Hero?"

Read both of these links carefully, including publication date and story synopsis. She is called The all-new Captain Marvel in the story preview for Avenging #9:

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/39263/avenging_spider-man_2011_9

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/42671/captain_marvel_2012_1