• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

Bought one raw high grade book from this seller earlier this year. Sold to me as a 9.4. After receiving the book I could immediately tell there was no way it was a 9.4. I messaged the seller that this book is an 8.5 at best and give the seller an option to give me a partial refund or just take the book back for a full refund. We agreed on a partial refund and I kept the book. I decided to put my opinion to test and sent the book to CGC just to see which one of us was closer. Low and behold the book came back an 8.5 just as I anticipated. I later sold the graded book and even took a little bit of a loss on it, but it was worth it to me to validate my original misgivings about the book.

Below is an image of the graded book. Who knows, maybe one of you boardies picked this one up from me. To review: kellyssuperheroes' grade- 9.4, my grade- 8.5, CGC's grade- 8.5.

TPqb65b.jpg

Does anyone know/can vouch for ebay seller kellyssuperheroes? He/she has/had (or seems to have) some killer books up on ebay...

they are almost always high grade books with BIN/BO and resto, that he accepts BO quick before people realize its resto, which he only has in small print.

I have bought 3 books from kellyssuperheroes over the past 7 months and I will say that he is really easy to deal with.

In two instances, the books I received had a couple of defects that werent appearant from the scans. In both of the instances, he readily accepted the returns and refunded my money. No questions asked; no hassles.

He also indicates (through correspondence) that he guarantees his unrestored books against resto from CGC or a professional resto analyst. I never sent the book I kept to CGC so cant speak to resto, but I dont have reason to doubt that he would not apply the guarantee.

Just bumping an old post after a search on the name kellyssuperheroes

These are looking more and more likely to be Dupcack books.

There are a lot more high grade books up right now on ebay from kellyssuperheroes, so I just wanted to bump this again so anybody who hasn't seen this will be informed. (thumbs u

and most of his books are noted restored with color touch and/or trimmed. He/she has some nice looking books that were unnecessarily messed with.

Smells like old Danny. Just about every book is restored.

I mean who color touches a Warlock 1?

And Avengers Annual #2 Mint 9.9 "Extremely slight professional color-touch (1 microscopic dot of color touch on one tiny spine stress). No trimming."

Only ComicKeys graded his restored books 9.9.

and most of his books are noted restored with color touch and/or trimmed. He/she has some nice looking books that were unnecessarily messed with.

And Avengers Annual #2 Mint 9.9 "Extremely slight professional color-touch (1 microscopic dot of color touch on one tiny spine stress). No trimming."

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

I remember a particular dealer using a sharpie along all black bordered books to fill in the spine tics no matter the issue or year it was published. People do what they can because of $. I saw a lot of weird stuff as a customer and as someone who watched a store during the 90's.

There are a lot more CT / restored books out there than people realize.

Every single book has the same looking edges and corners! And the trimmed books he's noted have identical edges and corners to the one's he claims are untrimmed. How can this seller be so certain what has been done unless they're the one doing the trimming?? hm

Has anybody gotten the sellers user information yet from eBay yet?

I actually thought you would know and was going to PM you.

Every single book has the same looking edges and corners! And the trimmed books he's noted have identical edges and corners to the one's he claims are untrimmed. How can this seller be so certain what has been done unless they're the one doing the trimming??

It may be neither here nor there, and I'm certainly not defending kellyssuperheroes if it's Danny.

But, I believe it was Hammer (Danny) who first detected the Ewert micro-trimmed books and brought it to everyone's attention. These were books that got by CGC and many experienced dealers / collectors.

Point being, Danny may be one of the foremost experts at detecting trimming, given his history of detection and his experience at trimming books himself.

I might catch some flak for this post, so I'm gonna keep my head down now. :blush:

On this book FF 53 he discloses only slight color touch but states "no trimming". How can he be so certain it hasn't been trimmed like so many of his other books?? The corners and edges sure look like they've been sliced and diced even to my untrained eyes. And as other people have mentioned, the photos/scans look very similar to what comic keys photos looked like back in the day

Edited by mosconi