• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder Talks Up 'Aquaman' Jason Momoa And Filming BATMAN V SUPERMAN In Detroit

----------------------

"I think the last time I called, we talked a little bit about Aquaman, but it hadn't been announced that Jason Momoa was gonna play Aquaman," which was confirmed weeks ago. "I was trying to protect you guys from his wrath. The man is a monster. The guy is awesome and he's so passionate. I was hanging out with him here in Detroit and he was loving on it so hard. He’s a great guy, but like I say not a small individual."

----------------------

George R.R. Martin backed, too!

:applause:

I'm sure it's kinda intuitively obvious by now, but it just dawned on me that much of the television offerings currently available from DC/WB are primers for their upcoming movies. It's true that the television and cinema universes may be separate universes in the New 52 continuity, thereby keeping them isolated yet connected.....but there are more similarities than differences and enough for the uninitiated in any of the diverse character backgrounds to gain familiarity.

This is similarly how Marvel proceeded to introduce their less well known characters into a cohesive MCU. They had really no television to speak of, but they steadfastly added characters one movie at a time. Great plan because it worked in retrospect.

DC clearly didn't feel like they had to follow the same roadmap, but they wanted to capitalize on the superhero fervor. MOS kicked things off, with one 'origin' story. I'm sure there was some headscratching at WB around that time concerning how to get things rolling. Why not use the television space to initiate new viewers to DC. We had seen umpteen million Batman origin stories by that time, and a bazillion Batman villain origin stories. Doing that again would have been unproductive and uninspired.

But, the dilemma: newer viewers don't have that familiarity and there has to be someway to seed the history of the characters enough to grow into a genuine interest for the movies and evolving media. Hence: Gotham. It does the whole origin story in a new way that can showcase the villains. If you didn't already know the Batman background, they're going to throw it at you for a few seasons. By the time BvS shows up on the big screen, nobody is light on explanations for the character's motivations.

Same thing with Constantine: there's clearly a movement by Del Toro and WB/DC to bring more stuff to the big screen. Constantine is not a really well known character outside of the comic, in spite of a big screen incarnation which causes controversy to this day. But Constantine's storylines can involve alot of the more esoteric and magical elements of DC. If the series is successful, they've got a stepping stone or a springboard to bring him to the big screen with little or no additional effort. Folks will know (more or less) who he is and what makes him tick. The same goes for any characters portrayed alongside either of these franchises.

Flash and Arrow of course are origin shows that develop the characters and their rogue's galleries further. By the time either of them shows up on the big screen folks will have enough exposure to adopt the cinematic counterparts without much resistance.

Now there's talk of a "Titans" show featuring the Teen Titans in live action. Yet more development of characters to create familiarity. If Teen Titans: Go! hasn't done that already with kids, the next show surely will create even more of a knowledgebase.

The BvS and Justice League movies respectively will be less origin and more "meat and potatoes" as a result. Then of course there's talk of individual movies: Cyborg, Aquaman, Wonder Woman.....which at least with respect to the first two characters are said to be "origins".

So we have an origin sandwich so to speak: a lot of origin stuff on the front end via television....with a bunch of densely packed action flicks in the middle devoid of unecessary explanation beyond the minimal requirements, followed up by big screen origins to kick off the next phase of DCCU movies.

Very interesting approach and I'm starting to see the brilliance in the plan. Early on I applauded Marvel for bringing their big screen incarnations to the small screen and creating interplay between the two. But this roadmap of DC/WB seems to have the potential to be equivalently sucessful.

WONDER WOMAN MOVIE: 1920s Setting Rumored

------------------

"I have been informed that the film will spend the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control," reports Bleeding Cool, who claims to have sources who have seen the greenlit -script treatment for Wonder Woman. "An arrival of a man (who is NOT Steve Trevor) on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help." Apparently, Princess Diana will join the said man on his journey back to earth where a 1920s setting will be revealed. "And the film will then show Diana exploring that world...from her unique perspective." Furthermore, the site implies that Warner Bros. already has plans for a Wonder Woman sequel during World War II, and a threequel "would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America."

------------------

Supposedly WB Has Offered WONDER WOMAN To A Female Director!

Alexander said that she has not been approached by the studio, and has discouraged her managers from throwing her hat in the ring. “I can’t say they wouldn’t consider me, but they haven’t reached out.” She said she heard Warner Bros. had been made an offer to another female director. "If she says yes, everybody will be very happy, including me,” Alexander said. “Still, I don’t see at this point why anyone would say yes. There is huge pressure … If [a female director] does fail, then all of a sudden it’s ‘all women suck at directing.’”

hm

who could it be?

Supposedly WB Has Offered WONDER WOMAN To A Female Director!

Alexander said that she has not been approached by the studio, and has discouraged her managers from throwing her hat in the ring. “I can’t say they wouldn’t consider me, but they haven’t reached out.” She said she heard Warner Bros. had been made an offer to another female director. "If she says yes, everybody will be very happy, including me,” Alexander said. “Still, I don’t see at this point why anyone would say yes. There is huge pressure … If [a female director] does fail, then all of a sudden it’s ‘all women suck at directing.’”

hm

who could it be?

Does it really matter? Give it to the best person. :facepalm:

Is KGBeast In BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE?

------------------

Filming In Chicago also came across an actor's trailer with 'Knyazev' on it, but for some reason that hasn't been getting any attention. If you do a quick search you will see that it matches the last name of DC Comics' Anatoli Knyazev, aka KGBeast. He's a Russian assassin that was trained by a secret faction of the KGB, known as "The Hammer." He's been cybernetically enhanced and has mastered martial arts and various deadly weapons. He first appeared in Batman #417 (March 1988), and was created by Jim Starlin and Jim Aparo.

------------------

Batman_419.jpg