• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,784 posts in this topic

Thanos Quest #1 9.8 @ $21 (3 days still to go) & 26 watchers.

Just to be clear, the price isn't exciting but the fact that this book just popped up in the top 10 Most Watched comics list on Lyria Exchange is what is catching my attention. That means more people are thinking about it and are actively looking to buy a copy for themselves. This is what I mean by trends.. It's a nugget of information based on the buying (and watching) habits of collectors like ourselves. Take from it what you want.

:popcorn:

I remember a Transformers message board I was on in the late 90s/Early 2000s and people were trying to arrange physical fights at Botcon by posting their own picture and saying things like "This is me. LET'S GO" in retaliation to people getting saucy on the forum.

Gold.

"Saucy"...I love that word applied to people.

I have a new quote for my sigline.

Just to be clear, the price isn't exciting but the fact that this book just popped up in the top 10 Most Watched comics list on Lyria Exchange is what is catching my attention. That means more people are thinking about it and are actively looking to buy a copy for themselves. This is what I mean by trends.. It's a nugget of information based on the buying (and watching) habits of collectors like ourselves. Take from it what you want.

I'll find a way to lambaste you for it anyway. :whistle:

One of these days Thanos Quest #1 and 2 and Silver Surfer #34 will pop up there with some of the rest of the Thanos stuff. They are still cheap compared to the prices on everything else.

And watches/views are very valuable information. Is there any way to see how many views an item has had?

One of these days Thanos Quest #1 and 2 and Silver Surfer #34 will pop up there with some of the rest of the Thanos stuff. They are still cheap compared to the prices on everything else.

And watches/views are very valuable information. Is there any way to see how many views an item has had?

Not sure on specific items but I use lyriacomicexchange.com for that kind of information on views/watchers/trends

Click on that eBay link in the quote. Click "View Full Description." Scroll towards the bottom, after "Questions and answers about this item" and before "Similar items you may be interested in."

We should pick some random, zero-interest book and encourage as many people as possible to "Watch" it on eBay, and see what effect, if any, that has.

I like this plan, which book?

My first thought was Turok #1, which you probably can't avoid finding in cheap bins if you tried. Viewed newly listed auction for maximum time to accumulate watches and picked one from someone that expects far too much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turok-Dinosaur-Hunter-vol-1-no-1-July-1993-/151460403201?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2343be5801

We should pick some random, zero-interest book and encourage as many people as possible to "Watch" it on eBay, and see what effect, if any, that has.

My first thought was Turok #1, which you probably can't avoid finding in cheap bins if you tried. Viewed newly listed auction for maximum time to accumulate watches and picked one from someone that expects far too much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turok-Dinosaur-Hunter-vol-1-no-1-July-1993-/151460403201?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2343be5801

Great pick!

Check this out:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8044234&fpart=1

Aaaaand watching :D

We've got 2!!

NM 87 9.8 is going a bit woah-crazy-crazy at the moment.

eBay

Something fishy is going on here, guys and girls. I can say with 100 percent certainty that three of the October 29th purchases of this book were made by three different zero feedback buyers that registered for their account on October 29th. Payment has not been made on these three books. One of the sales was mine, and the email address provided for my buyer is invalid. I have requested to cancel the sale and reported it to GPA.

We've got 2!!

Watched

We've got 2!!

Watched

Guess I make four.

If people don't play nice, I'll try to move my discussion about CPI with RMA to this thread too, and everyone will have to read about the price of milk in 2001.

:D

Yeah, there are FAR worse boards out there.

It's generally a very civil place here, although people tend to read way too much into emoticons . . . :facepalm::eyeroll::taptaptap:

(for example)