• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

I saw a dealer at a con earlier this month with 2 of these raw for over $200 each and he did sell them.

Are most dealers at cons that quick to market correction?

Just look for the dealer that has an OSPG on his table. The tighter they clutch it, the looser their prices on hot books.

..... You'll just have to beat the more savvy dealers first.

You agree that is crazy?

if a graded version of the similar grade is selling around that price or a tad higher, what price do you think a raw copy should be? Doesn't seem like a good investment for a raw copy at this moment but what if the buyer expect the price to appreciate over time then the price is justifiable. Respectable sellers here use price guide to sell their raw copy at a little discount but comparable to graded version, I don't see anything wrong with the crazy raw price for these MM. I am neither buyer or seller of book in question.

You agree that is crazy?

Absolutely...all of the prices on the Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel books this week are just plain nuts.

You agree that is crazy?

if a graded version of the similar grade is selling around that price or a tad higher, what price do you think a raw copy should be? Doesn't seem like a good investment for a raw copy at this moment but what if the buyer expect the price to appreciate over time then the price is justifiable. Respectable sellers here use price guide to sell their raw copy at a little discount but comparable to graded version, I don't see anything wrong with the crazy raw price for these MM. I am neither buyer or seller of book in question.

Smart sellers use internet sales. The 'price guides' are carp and are out of date and under market as soon as they are sent to the printer...if they are updated at all.

If people are willing to pay $230 for a E-bay NM raw copy of a book that lists for probably $9 in Overstreet, more power to the sellers getting those figures.

I don't see anything wrong with these prices other than the fact that I think they're too high given the relative abundance of the books in question...but what do I know, they may very well stick for the next decade... (shrug)

My Black Panther 1 CGC 9.8 sold for $552 :whee:

You sold it too soon, noob. doh!

It was already in the ComicLink auction, jerkus

Still sold it to soon, rookie.......

BTW, what grade did that Ms. Marvel #1 you bought off of me in Calgary come back at - was it a 9.6?

BTW, what grade did that Ms. Marvel #1 you bought off of me in Calgary come back at - was it a 9.6?

Should've told him it was the 9.8. :grin: