• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone dealt with Sparkle City Comics?
1 1

95 posts in this topic

Won auction on Sunday. Comic book was delivered today. Won over next bidder by one cent. Must be my greatest eBay win ever.

Which comic? This happened to me but I was not as happy as you. Maybe there's more to this story....

ASM 33 9.2. I apologize if you were the person that I outbid by one cent. I sniped with eight seconds left in case there was another bidder, but my bid never went up. I always bid odd amounts and usually snipe.

I have bought a few graded comics from Sparkle City. Contrary to raw issues I buy from dalers where grade seems to be an issue EVERY time, my experience with Sparkle City could not have been better. They must have sent 2-3 shipping updates to boot. Frankly, it's one seller that runs circles around me. Books came in three days and was very happy.

Incidenally, I only snipe. I have bid on thousands of auctions and have probably won a dozen or more by the 1 or 2 penny difference. I have also lost by a small amount but would have lost anyway.

The biggest problem with sniping is that I will sometimes put is a shell bid so i remember to come back to the comic and then I forget all about it, often losing by a single increment. Sniping is really the only way to go.

I won an auction for a GA book about a month ago and was extremely pleased with the speed of delivery and quality of packaging. And they send shipping updates while you "wait" (if you call a couple days waiting). I look forward to doing business with Sparkle City again.

Have you tried the search button?

Easy there BUTM. The search function on the boards isn't exactly easy to use.

1) click search

2) type in "sparkle city"

3) set the date range to a year

4) click submit

5) read a wealth of info about sparkle city

Which of those steps is the tricky one? (shrug)

I do that the I only results from the past month or so, none older than 4/26/12.

What am I doing wrong?

1) click search

4) click submit

I do that the I only results from the past month or so, none older than 4/26/12.

What am I doing wrong?

spark.jpg

I do that the I only results from the past month or so, none older than 4/26/12. What am I doing wrong?

Sparkle City Comics has only been around for a year or so. Prior to that it was NeatStuffCollectibles. I don't think there has been much previous discussion of Sparkle City because he only began aggressive selling of high-grade slabbed comics a few months ago. As NeatStuff he was primarily selling large collections.

126710.jpg.d9e0025215bcf09d6a5706968de25b20.jpg

1) click search

4) click submit

What am I doing wrong?

spark.jpg

Thanks. I guess the problem for me was that I was selecting the "CGC Forum" tab on the left, not the "Comics General" tab.

When I click the "CGC Forum" tab on the left, I still only get results dating back to 4/26/12. When I click the "Comics General" tab, the results do go back further in time.

One would think that if you click the "CGC Forum" tab, you'd get the results from all the CGC sub-forums combined. For me, the way it's currently set up is not very intuitive. And for anyone who says the search function is easy to use, I'd respectfully say, "Not so much".

1) click search

4) click submit

What am I doing wrong?

spark.jpg

Thanks. I guess the problem for me was that I was selecting the "CGC Forum" tab on the left, not the "Comics General" tab.

When I click the "CGC Forum" tab on the left, I still only get results dating back to 4/26/12. When I click the "Comics General" tab, the results do go back further in time.

One would think that if you click the "CGC Forum" tab, you'd get the results from all the CGC sub-forums combined. For me, the way it's currently set up is not very intuitive. And for anyone who says the search function is easy to use, I'd respectfully say, "Not so much".

I believe it was Gemma who posted a thread about how to use the search function. I tried to find it but, no luck. :sorry:

I believe it was Gemma who posted a thread about how to use the search function. I tried to find it but, no luck. :sorry:

Here's a search of the CGC forum which returns the instances when Gemma typed the word "search" in a post within the last two years.

untitled-21.jpg

:whistle:

You want to first click the "Search" link at the top of the chat boards.

Next, select the section of the boards that you want to search in the box on the left.

Then, type the keywords that you are searching for in the box at the top on the right.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

Below that you want to set the timeline of your search parameters (default is Newer than one week).

Finally you want to have the engine search the boards.

If you get too many responses you may want to try more keywords, not enough responses, try fewer keywords or less-specific variations.

(Unfortunately it's not the best search engine, but it is the one that was provided with this Chat Board platform.)

I got bid up on a comic in the last Sparklecity auction where the underbidder bid me up to where I was only ahead by 1 ct and then let me win. I was so pissed!

This has happen to me twice and I think it was the same underbidder each time.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=380430603549

auctionsniper.com

I do that the I only results from the past month or so, none older than 4/26/12. What am I doing wrong?

Sparkle City Comics has only been around for a year or so. Prior to that it was NeatStuffCollectibles. I don't think there has been much previous discussion of Sparkle City because he only began aggressive selling of high-grade slabbed comics a few months ago. As NeatStuff he was primarily selling large collections.

Want there a sparkle city comics years ago?

I got bid up on a comic in the last Sparklecity auction where the underbidder bid me up to where I was only ahead by 1 ct and then let me win. I was so pissed!

This has happen to me twice and I think it was the same underbidder each time.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=380430603549

I do dikkish stuff like that all the time. You're probably putting in predictable bids. If you bid randomly, you can make guys like me buy stuff we don't want. ;)

Now that Sparkle City is mainly selling raw books, has anyone experienced any problems with them?

Is there grading accurate?

Were there any problems with books coming back with restoration? [/quote

Nope! I buy from them all the time. They grade them pretty good. They actually carry really nice stuff. It's pretty impressive they keep posting amazing books week after week. They do tell you when it's restored. The reason they get high prices on bids is due to that they provide great service and the books are nice. Mistakes can happen in grading but so far non for me.