• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Here is my copy. Funny thing is a couple of years ago I thought about selling it and had it in a short box of books I had brought to San Diego Comicon. I had it priced at $75 and quite a few dealers pulled the book out and mulled it over. After a few hours I decided I didn't need $75 that bad and pulled the book back out and kept it. It is a terrific cover but I was very surprised at the final price on Ebay.

cindy37.jpg

I'm not overly surprised by the Cindy price - didn't a VGish copy sell for over $400 a year or so ago on ebay? It's definitely busted out as a true classic GGA cover - and deservedly so. The washtone look also helps bring attention to it. Were at the point now where any "classic cover" 1940s book, regardless of genre, has the potential to hit four figures in solid mid-grade at auction, once demand outstrips supply.

I'm not overly surprised by the Cindy price - didn't a VGish copy sell for over $400 a year or so ago on ebay? It's definitely busted out as a true classic GGA cover - and deservedly so. The washtone look also helps bring attention to it. Were at the point now where any "classic cover" 1940s book, regardless of genre, has the potential to hit four figures in solid mid-grade at auction, once demand outstrips supply.

I agree. The contents of the book are no different from any issue before or after in the series. It's purely a breakout cover.

My copy is decent but I would definitely like to upgrade. I may have to settle for decent though if it continues to sell for 4 figures.