• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

Concerning DC Bronze Horror, there are the following titles:

Weird Ward Tales (Borderline?)

Is this it? I feel like I'm missing something...

You're referring to Burt Ward....correct? :baiting::shy:

Concerning DC Bronze Horror, there are the following titles:

Weird Ward Tales (Borderline?)

Is this it? I feel like I'm missing something...

You're referring to Burt Ward....correct? :baiting::shy:

Yeah, you know, Weird Ward Tales!

WeirdWarTales14b-vert_zps4b54aae7.jpg

lol (thumbs u

And this one just because it is cool.

don10001.jpg

When I did have the DON issues, this was the only one I was missing. Hen's teeth, I tell ya!

Nice Charltons, all. Those are probably the most difficult of them all to find in great condition in my opinion.

300th anniversary of Blackbeard off of Ocracoke in NC this weekend...they've re-simulated the battle on ships and I saw the victor hold up Blackbeard's head! Seems like Pirate Con here with all of the pirates and lads.

Hey thanks! Is that the same Destiny that hosted Secrets of the Haunted House?

Hey can anyone tell me who the scary guy in the hood is on older covers of Unexpected (like issue 129)?

Destiny

Yes. He patrolled around in Weird Mystery Tales and a few other mystery books before catching his own title.

Wow! He certainly looks menacing on those older covers of Unexpected. Too bad he turned into someone that both Cain and Able made fun of in Secrets of the Haunted House. A shame, really. He looks like someone who could wipe the floor with both of them in earlier Unexpecteds.

Hey thanks! Is that the same Destiny that hosted Secrets of the Haunted House?

Hey can anyone tell me who the scary guy in the hood is on older covers of Unexpected (like issue 129)?

Destiny

Yes. He patrolled around in Weird Mystery Tales and a few other mystery books before catching his own title.

Wow! He certainly looks menacing on those older covers of Unexpected. Too bad he turned into someone that both Cain and Able made fun of in Secrets of the Haunted House. A shame, really. He looks like someone who could wipe the floor with both of them in earlier Unexpecteds.

As it turns out he is one of the "Endless" and is quite a powerful entity, the eldest brother to Dream AKA Sandman from the 1980s series by Neil Gaiman.

A highly recommended series too. (Sandman)! (thumbs u

150896.jpg.620633a49c0a709f75f1e5f3dfb6b456.jpg

No way! I've thought of reading this for some time. I might just give it a try. When I used to work at Borders Books, we had a Sandman Omnibus or something of the sort that had tons of issue rolled into one. It was pretty cool and I almost bought it, but wasn't sure whether I'd like it or not so I held off. That illustration is superb! What is it from? I'd like to see a higher resolution image of it.

As it turns out he is one of the "Endless" and is quite a powerful entity, the eldest brother to Dream AKA Sandman from the 1980s series by Neil Gaiman.

A highly recommended series too. (Sandman)! (thumbs u

It was a poster done by Frank Quitely.

And yeah, I'd be highly surprised if you didn't like the Sandman books. They intertwine Cain and Abel and a lot of other DC characters into some great adult themed stories. There are some stand alone stories along with an ongoing central story. Sandman along with Swamp Things 2nd series were 2 series I was truly sad to see come to an end.

I think I'll look for a better resolution image of that poster. It's really well done, even though I don't know who all of those weird people are. You aren't the first person to recommend the new Sandman series, but I think you've convinced me it's worth a read. I wonder if I could go to Barnes and Noble and read the graphic novels?

Anyway, thanks for the information!

By the way, did you ever see Peter David's spoof of the "Endless" in the newest Captain Marvel? They were called the "Friendless". The reason being (quite literally) that they had no friends!

It was a poster done by Frank Quitely.

And yeah, I'd be highly surprised if you didn't like the Sandman books. They intertwine Cain and Abel and a lot of other DC characters into some great adult themed stories. There are some stand alone stories along with an ongoing central story. Sandman along with Swamp Things 2nd series were 2 series I was truly sad to see come to an end.

Edited by Brad Tabar