• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Is this going to be another ASM 129, NM 98, etc? A shartload in supply but always commanding some money

OR

eventually comes back down to earth after the movies finally come out? Thor #344 came back down because it was just a theme like the IG...

Is this going to be another ASM 129, NM 98, etc? A shartload in supply but always commanding some money

OR

eventually comes back down to earth after the movies finally come out? Thor #344 came back down because it was just a theme like the IG...

It's a key storyline, so it will always be in demand, but I think around the time of the movie(s) is when it will peak (certainly looking long-term as well if you peg to inflation)

OR

Isn't Thor 344 the first appearance of Malekith (shrug)

and pre-emptively before the obvious replies (i'll even KISS for Jeff)

1.) carol IS Ms Marvel, the carnage SYMBIOTE is not its host.

2.) Captain Marvel 18

continue

It might be time for a name change

Comic Book Trends while ignoring the market makes for quite the oxymoron. Or is that the goal?

There is no shortage of this on this board.

Is most cases its just the ego cant let it go. Its rampant in Copper too.

OR

That's not a bad point to make the only difference is it will be spread over several movies. Thor 344 was centered on one villain. This book is the foundation for an entire movie/movies.

High grade sets of IG might go over $100 in a few months I think.

Edited by Fastballspecial

janet, my comments on the comparison stand, unless you want a refute a point in it, I am not going to argue on it any more. You can believe whatever you like.

I like Jeff, and have a year plus streak of not getting into an argument with him going, and I have no intention of letting it descend in to that.

I'll be back in this thread later to reply to anything where someone actually quotes my words, and has something to say about them. Anyone just spewing rhetoric will be ignored.

Cheers

cartman_zps4082cbfe.jpg

Anyone just spewing rhetoric will be ignored.

:blahblah:

lol

I'm on ignore ^^

Welcome to the club! Water's good!

:hi:

Honestly, the real solution is to ignore. If everyone ignored people who were only around to denigrate people, they would find no audience, and either adjust their attitudes, or go somewhere else.

Avenging Spider-Man #9 seems to be selling like hot cakes, if CGC makes a label designation as "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel", we might have another legitimate Modern key.

I was just writing about that. CGC needs to be proactive instead of reactive on this one. CGC needs to call Marvel now or do the reseach and make sure which issue Avenging Spider-Man #9 or Captain Marvel #1 (2012) will have the notation of "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel" on the label.

Avenging Spider-Man #9 seems to be selling like hot cakes, if CGC makes a label designation as "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel", we might have another legitimate Modern key.

I was just writing about that. CGC needs to be proactive instead of reactive on this one. CGC needs to call Marvel now or do the reseach and make sure which issue Avenging Spider-Man #9 or Captain Marvel #1 (2012) will have the notation of "Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel" on the label.

Agreed. Right now it appears AS #9 should have that designation since it came out a week before CM #1, even though chronologically in the story CM #1 technically happens first.

I got no problem buying and flipping a modern like this, but doesn't this book give people some pause? This has the potential to be a key? Really?

I got no problem buying and flipping a modern like this, but doesn't this book give people some pause? This has the potential to be a key? Really?

Why not? Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel, a different character than her previous Ms. Marvel persona. Kind of like Tales of the Teen Titans #44, Grayson becomes Nightwing, a different character than his previous Robin persona.

meh. There a lot of other things happening in the marketplace that gives me more pause then this. It's all insane to me.

Why not? Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel, a different character than her previous Ms. Marvel persona. Kind of like Tales of the Teen Titans #44, Grayson becomes Nightwing, a different character than his previous Robin persona.

Okay that example does makes it sound much more acceptable.

I agree with other poster. This is becoming ridiculous.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Uhm, no. Reactive is fine. I prefer they use their resources to grade books. (thumbs u