• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

A lot of classic posters that have been replaced by less interesting noobs. Ah well, such is the nature of message boards.

Far, FAR less interesting, and far, FAR more snotty.

Thinking they can take on RMA...? Who the hell do they think they are...?

:shrug:

Oh well. There are some bright spots. That AITA guy is awesome. That W16726 guy is looking promising, as is that wombat guy. We'll see how they play out.

You'd think posting this publicly would be risky, but this is essentially just a PM that everyone can see and post in. No one checks it out unless they're Shelley lovers, or just bored.

I think there's been a paradigm shift in board culture over the last few years toward the sales threads and away from KSA (knowledge, skills and abilities). Evidently, if you are actively buying/selling/trading here this supposedly acts like a booster pack giving you some sort of extra unearned board credibility. Which, if you think about it, doesn't make much sense since most people buy the bulk of their collections elsewhere. And also, unfortunately, leading to some rather distorted views on the concepts of community and friendship.

It is what it is. I like a lot of the new people here, but I definitely miss some of the old posters who have disappeared and what they used to bring to the table.

Ah yes, the halcyon days of three years ago.

:olol

I am trying to figure out if I was more awesome three years ago or just as awesome. hm

Slightly less.

After all, you were under 40 three years ago. According to SOT, now you're two breaths from the grave.

My awesomeness has never faltered and never failed.

Your inability to comprehend this makes me sad.

It also makes you a bully. Begone, community disrupter.

You let me worry about that.

Oh, and learn how to quote, sexist noob!

I was the first to reply! :acclaim:

:D

That is a funny thread.

Classic Dice.

I miss his posts.

A lot of classic posters that have been replaced by less interesting noobs. Ah well, such is the nature of message boards.

Oh well. There are some bright spots. That AITA guy is awesome. That W16726 guy is looking promising, as is that wombat guy. We'll see how they play out.

You'd think posting this publicly would be risky, but this is essentially just a PM that everyone can see and post in. No one checks it out unless they're Shelley lovers, or just bored.

I think there's been a paradigm shift in board culture over the last few years toward the sales threads and away from KSA (knowledge, skills and abilities). Evidently, if you are actively buying/selling/trading here this supposedly acts like a booster pack giving you some sort of extra unearned board credibility. Which, if you think about it, doesn't make much sense since most people buy the bulk of their collections elsewhere. And also, unfortunately, leading to some rather distorted views on the concepts of community and friendship.

It is what it is. I like a lot of the new people here, but I definitely miss some of the old posters who have disappeared and what they used to bring to the table.

I am trying to figure out if I was more awesome three years ago or just as awesome. hm

Slightly less.

After all, you were under 40 three years ago. According to SOT, now you're two breaths from the grave.

djwoq_zps3a68afbe.jpg

Slightly less.

No.

Slightly less.

No.

I said sexIST, not sexY.

Although, that one time in Albuquerque.....

hm