• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

Hey Stevens friends.

I found two Xena Warrior Princess #2 today in a storage locker sale today. I paid 50 cents. One of them will most likely show up at 9.8 - one will be a 9.4 to 9.6. Not a bad find. It was full from a comic store that went out of business about 10 years ago. I looked and looked for 3 hours for more Eclipse, Blackthorne, Harris and Darkhorse Dave Stevens and found nothing.

Two weeks ago I found a DNA Agents #24, The Shadow and Savage 1, and an Airboy #5 all in NM. 2 out of the 3 should be a 9.8.

I consider all of this a major victory since these books have really began to dry up on my hunts lately. For the years before this most of the raw books I found were in VF at best.

The hunt continues . . . :wishluck:

Hey kids, just saw a graded copy of Mysticogryfil on E-bay. I didn't think fanzines could be graded? Is this a fake?

Linky Dink

Do you have link to the auction? I had this graded. It is a fanzine with b/w interiors. I also have #24 which has a Dave Stevens cover that I may slab.

2005132027041.jpg

Hey kids, just saw a graded copy of Mysticogryfil on E-bay. I didn't think fanzines could be graded? Is this a fake?

Linky Dink

Do you have link to the auction? I had this graded. It is a fanzine with b/w interiors. I also have #24 which has a Dave Stevens cover that I may slab.

2005132027041.jpg

It's blue(colored) so I'm guessing it's acceptable for grading according to the by-laws.

Hi kids, been busy. Someone close to Dave gave me a heads up on something really cool. There is a gallery in Paris that is displaying original pages from Cliff's New York Adventure. These pieces will be auctioned off at the end of it's run. When I get the name of the gallery I'll pass it along for any Boardies in Europe. Here's a pic of the exhibit. The gallery owners are book-ending the staff.

photo IMG_8483_zps82d0882c.jpg

Galerie9 has the art listed on their website if you want to see all of the pieces. :)

:applause: Beat me with the gallery info. Check out the gallery website. Not really sure how they're working it. So many pages were already missing that the only possible decision was to offer the individual pages.

Wanted to give a heads-up to Dave Stevens fans (not trying to shamelessly plug, honest) that I'm going to be parting with my signed collection. I won't be parting it out, as I just don't want to see it go that way, so it will go as a lot. 18 books ranging from VF+ to NM with signatures on the front, and one book from the Estate (Cheval Nior - with certificate) and this one has Bettie Page's auto on it, too :cloud9:

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll give you a price. It'll probably go up in the next few weeks - but I thought Dave fans might want a heads up. Hopefully this plug doesn't twist anyone the wrong way.

DAVESTEVENS_BETTIEPAGE01_FRONT.jpeg

The rest are behind the spoilers (there's two topless ones, beware)

DAVESTEVENS_PLANET01_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_AIRBOY_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_ALIENWORLDS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_BLACKANGELTPB_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_CROSSFIRE12_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_CHEVAL_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_DNAAGENTS24_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_JUNGLECOMICS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_SHEENA_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VANGUARDILLUS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VENUS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VEROTIKILLUS2_FRONT.jpeg