• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

That was a great scene! It even surprised me how he came up with that solution.

If he didn't kiss Felicity by the end of it I would have had a problem. Glad he finally dealt with the 800 pound gorilla in the room. A lot of fun!

So at the beginning of this 4th episode when they said "previously on Flash"... they showed that Felicity chick talking with the girl at Star Labs- what episode was that on? I don't remember seeing her before (unless that was from Arrow?)

Yes, I believe it WAS on Arrow

thank god-- thought I was losing my mind.

That was a great scene! It even surprised me how he came up with that solution.

If he didn't kiss Felicity by the end of it I would have had a problem. Glad he finally dealt with the 800 pound gorilla in the room. A lot of fun!

If you were replying to the following comment by Sam I Am ("I thought the train scene was fantastic, and not just from a "it's a TV budget" standpoint"), then perhaps you misunderstood which train scene he was talking about.

I think he was NOT referring to the train scene towards the end of the episode when The Flash kisses Felicity, but to the train scene in which Captain Cold causes the train to have an accident and The Flash saves the people in the train.

(Although I could be wrong ...) (shrug)

:)

Wentworth Miller Discusses Role As 'Captain Cold' In THE FLASH And Returning To TV

In a recent interview with IGN, the actor revealed that he wasn't familiar with the character when The CW first offered him the role, and while he did do some research, Miller didn't want to be beholden to the comics. "When I was cast, I went online and googled a few images and some of them I responded to and some of them I did not and I thought, “Let me take my cue from what the writers have planned." Because I got the sense early on that there was a willingness to respect what’s come before but also an interest in reinventing and giving things a fresh spin. So I thought let me take the character from the pages of the -script specifically," he revealed before going to to discuss what about the role interests him. "What I responded to was this very powerful guy who has been at the top of his game for a long time and maybe he’s gotten a little bored, a little complacent and then suddenly this extremely worth adversary shows up and suddenly the game is interesting again. And I think while he has it out for the Flash, on some level there’s also an appreciation and a certain degree of resect. I like the fact that he’s a villain but there are hints that other things are stirring beneath the surface."

As for how he views the character, Miller was quick to point out that Leonard Snart isn't a "bad guy" in the traditional sense of the word. "Well I like the fact that I’m not strictly evil, that there are shades of gray, that there are things for me to explore and layer in that speak to the human side of Snart. Because he does have a history and it is complicated and it does speak to who he is now. It’s my hope that given time we have a chance to explore some of those things." That's an interesting perspective, and one that's actually accurate to the comic book version of Captain Cold!

The actor then went on to explain why he's missed working in television (despite a successful career as a screenwriter with Stoker and the upcoming The Disappointments Room), and had this to say when the site asked if he has any words of advice for The Flash's leading man, Grant Gustin. "I don’t know that I would have listened to anyone who came to me with advice in the first season of Prison Break. I think you have to experience it for yourself and it’s impossible to anticipate and it’s probably different to a certain degree for everyone but he’s in for a ride, that’s for sure. But what I know about Grant and I think it’s one of the things that radiates from him on the screen in this character is he’s got this great heart and this innate sense of decency. You believe him as this character. I think given the various challenges of a challenging business, that should serve him well."

The ending was a little wishy-washy but I guess It follows "comic book reality", so that the two shalll meet again another day to do battle. They can't keep killing offf villains at the end of the show like the first two anyway. I like the somewhat goofy way Cisco is naming villains and the overalll lighthearted tone as opposed to the serious Arrow. But I realize these worlds are going to blend a bit so I'm sure there's tougher times ahead. But for now it's refreshing. Arrow was amazing last night, and Felicity is shown returning from her visit to Star City so there's definately a connection being forged there.