• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alex Grecian and Riley Rossmo's RASPUTIN

42 posts in this topic

decent first issue but I hope there is more dialogue in the coming issues.

No doubt, this issue is light on exposition. It's all set-up. Works for me, but don't expect a heavy word count from this issue.

ComicVerse gives a top review, and also addresses the writing:

http://comicsverse.com/rasputin-review/

Aside from the symmetry of the issue, the beautiful bookending of the subject matter, Grecian’s writing is spot on. He has written this issue sparingly, to say the least. In the entire 27-page story, there are only about 160 words. That’s an average of six and two-thirds words per page. Twelve of the pages don’t have any words at all. With such a low word count, you know that Grecian chose them very carefully, putting a lot of time and effort into making sure that every syllable counts, that not a single letter is wasted. Knowing the amount of care that Grecian put into writing these words, the reader can’t help but take the same amount of care in reading them. Every word is that much more powerful, that much more riveting, for their scarcity.

For anyone interested in the OA, I've just listed all the #1 pages for sale on my site:

http://www.felixcomicart.com/ArtistGalleryTitleDetails.asp?Details=1&ArtistId=569&Mag=RASPUTIN

Riley is really bringing his A game to this book. Enjoy!

031114233755VHI898jNR6.jpg

Felix

P.S. I give my mailing list first shot at new art and commission opportunities, so please sign up for the list on my site if you'd like advance word on future sales. Thanks!