• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

Well past heating up but

Batman: The Dark Knight #1 CGC 9.8 @ $400 @ 47 watchers! :o

This is not news. #1 in 9.8 has been a $450-550 book for a while. The GPA high this year is $660.

47 watchers is what he was pointing out.

No love for any other Carrie Kelley books? She has less copper age appearances than Rocket Raccoon.

Whatcha got for us?

620547-laffin2_zpsbc2b1ec7.jpg

Well past heating up but

This is not news. #1 in 9.8 has been a $450-550 book for a while. The GPA high this year is $660.

Try actually reading before commenting . . . :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure Transplant read it the way most of whetton's posts are presented. "Look at how high this book is currently." I took the phrase, "Well past being hot" as "this book is now beyond hot, just look at the price" not to mean it heated up a long time ago. Transplant may have also.

I think he was only pointing out that the book has been selling strong for a while. I don't think it was intended to be condescending. Unlike your smart azz condescending remark ad face palm.

It amazes me how many people around here like to be condescending a-holes from behind their computers.

Edited by MCMiles

Well past heating up but

I'm pretty sure Transplant read it the way most of whetton's posts are presented. "Look at how high this book is currently." I took the phrase, "Well past being hot" as "this book is now beyond hot, just look at the price" not to mean it heated up a long time ago. Transplant may have also.

I think he was only pointing out that the book has been selling strong for a while. I don't think it was intended to be condescending. Unlike your smart azz condescending remark ad face palm.

It amazes me how many people around here like to be condescending a-holes from behind their computers.

While I do agree with you, its not a huge number. Its just that they just post more then others.

My post wasn't a knock on Whetteon. But posting that TDKR 1 is selling for good money is about like saying NTT 44 or BA 12 or ASM 300 is selling well. No big deal. Just mainly pointing out that it's been a good seller for some time now.

Well past heating up but

Who's the bully here? lol Whetton's post meant exactly what it said. Transplant was unnecessarily puffing his chest, and now you're defending him and calling me names. It amazes me that you give a rip. meh

Well past heating up but

Who's the bully here? lol Whetton's post meant exactly what it said. Transplant was unnecessarily puffing his chest, and now you're defending him and calling me names. It amazes me that you give a rip. meh

Maybe people get tired of hearing from someone routinely ripping off unsuspecting buyers with overgraded raw books on Ebay? Maybe that dislike carries forward to other aspects of their life? Besides, I thought you had me on ignore?

:popcorn:

(thumbs u

Why does it seem that the copper forum has the most drama?

Are we all so passionate that it just cant be helped?

Or... Was there some strange cosmic alignment that put dozens of the most argumentative comic collectors in the world, in the same sub forum?

Oh, I guess it could be that copper is just the best age to be a collector of so the chances are so much higher :acclaim:

Sorry to interrupt the spat, please, continue.

More than CG? I think not.

Wait... if you are baiting me, I would appreciate an emoticon. :foryou:

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

There was no "insult" in my observational post in the least.

-J.