• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

There is no waiting in speculating.

Speculating is about hitting windows of opportunity.

Sometimes you wait.

Sometimes you pull the trigger so fast your finger bleeds.

Develop your own skill-set with trial & error.

Exactly.

My speculating on Ms Marvel started 3-4 years ago on rumors they would use her in the movies and because I have always loved the character.

At that time I was considering trying to do an all 9.8 run of the original Ms Marvel series, and even had Ms. Marvel 9.9 as a CGC alert on ebay in case any ever appeared. (still have it in there to this day and havent bothered to delete it).

Back then, I was focused more on getting MSH 13 for cheap as the true key, and not too worried about Ms Marvel #1 because I already had several HG copies and its so common.

But, once the buffoonery started with speculating it, Nova 1 and a few others, the highest grades got to nosebleed heights real quick. I always tried to debate with people that while yes its important, MSH 13 is the book everybody should be fighting over.

I have to say, it's pretty awesome to see it finally getting its due in this thread and others. Ms Marvel in 9.8 is awesome, but for the rest of the 9.X grades, we all have multiples of it, not sure who is going to be looking to buy non-9.8 copies.

MSH13 in any grade is THE Carol Danvers book, regardless of if she is Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary or any of her other identities.

By this logic then asm344 is the key and not asm361

My speculating on Ms Marvel started 3-4 years ago on rumors they would use her in the movies and because I have always loved the character.

At that time I was considering trying to do an all 9.8 run of the original Ms Marvel series, and even had Ms. Marvel 9.9 as a CGC alert on ebay in case any ever appeared. (still have it in there to this day and havent bothered to delete it).

Back then, I was focused more on getting MSH 13 for cheap as the true key, and not too worried about Ms Marvel #1 because I already had several HG copies and its so common.

But, once the buffoonery started with speculating it, Nova 1 and a few others, the highest grades got to nosebleed heights real quick. I always tried to debate with people that while yes its important, MSH 13 is the book everybody should be fighting over.

I have to say, it's pretty awesome to see it finally getting its due in this thread and others. Ms Marvel in 9.8 is awesome, but for the rest of the 9.X grades, we all have multiples of it, not sure who is going to be looking to buy non-9.8 copies.

MSH13 in any grade is THE Carol Danvers book, regardless of if she is Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary or any of her other identities.

Good point. You could also throw in Iron Man #118/#282 and Avengers #181/Marvel Premiere #47 into that debate.

Neither of those books is a key...but putting that aside.

Ms Marvel is just carol getting her own series. MSH 13 is AF, Ms Marvel is Spider-man 1.

Sometimes you wait.

Speculating is about waiting till a key becomes big.. Then getting it at the thrift store for .99 cents

and pre-emptively before the obvious replies (i'll even KISS for Jeff)

1.) carol IS Ms Marvel, the carnage SYMBIOTE is not its host.

2.) Captain Marvel 18

continue

It might be time for a name change

Comic Book Trends while ignoring the market makes for quite the oxymoron. Or is that the goal?

Sometimes you wait.

Speculating is about waiting till a key becomes big.. Then getting it at the thrift store for .99 cents

A business model with a solid foundation. lol

Neither of those books is a key...but putting that aside.

Ms Marvel is just carol getting her own series. MSH 13 is AF, Ms Marvel is Spider-man 1.

she doesn't get her powers till Captain Marvel 18 (my apologies if I have the wrong issue #)?

Parker gets his powers, appears in costume and is on the cover in AF15.

Your analogy is completely off.

Comic Book Trends while ignoring the market makes for quite the oxymoron. Or is that the goal?

Can you explain how I am ignoring the market please

You 1st. Can you explain the logic behind the last 10 posts?

:gossip: he said he's been buying MSH13

is CBT = Comic Book Trends? I never knew that's what it stood for. I thought the T stood for something else :baiting:

Your analogy is completely off.

You made an analogy to a character who ISNT carnage, before, CARNAGE (the symbiote) bonds to him. and tried to compare it to a person who already exists, becoming something more.

Your analogy is way off.

AF is the first appearance of peter parker. MSH 13 is the first appearance of Carol Danvers. PERIOD.

The fact that peter also gets his powers, just means that it also could be compared to MSH13 and Captain Marvel 18 all rolled into one.

Either way, Ms Marvel is still just the already powered up Carol, getting her own series and a new name/costume. I am not disputing its the first appearance of carol AS Ms Marvel.

:gossip: he said he's been buying MSH13

is CBT = Comic Book Trends? I never knew that's what it stood for. I thought the T stood for something else :baiting:

It does for quite a few ;)

I am happy people are finally realizing MSH 13 is what matters.

Now your turn.

As a fan, and collector (not as a flipper), as soon as I heard the news about the movie, I wanted to own a copy of Ms Marvel #1.

All that matters is what book the fans want. And whether it is logical or not, that book is Ms Marvel 1.

I am happy people are finally realizing MSH 13 is what matters.

Now your turn.

So the rest of the posts are just red herrings? Gotcha!

I don't know how you ignore the market. Maybe it comes naturally?