• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Agreed but outside this board finding a better deal is the norm. A deal is not a deal until you're holding the money. It all comes down to your selling philosophy.

An "I'll take it" is an "I'll take it"

Only the seller can void it

And when any buyer requests the void then any seller should grant it 99.9% of the time.

Agreed but outside this board finding a better deal is the norm. A deal is not a deal until you're holding the money. It all comes down to your selling philosophy.

An "I'll take it" is an "I'll take it"

Only the seller can void it

And when any buyer requests the void then any seller should grant it 99.9% of the time.

No argument

Hi guys, unfortunately for the first time I have to ask advice about a transaction that is not going smooth.

Here are the facts:

On July 29 I post the :takeit: on two items that were GUARANTEED by the seller (he stated that on the thread) to be at least NM- (9.0) or better.

The seller agreed to ship the comics to Joeypost (before that, I asked Joey if it was ok to have the books shipped to him and he said no problem).

Communication stopped completely until August 13 when I ask the seller where are the comics. He answer the following:

" Sorry, tracking #9114 9011 5981 8438 3718 27

I had to resend it due to incorrect address.

You should have it tomorrow "

Then I asked Joey to confirm that he got the books and if he can tell me if the books were as advertised (NM- or better)

As you probably know, Joey is dealing with much more important issues right now, and because of that his answer about the condition of the books took longer than expected.

Finally, on September 18 Joey tells me that only one of the books has a shot at 9.0 and the other is lower grade because of some stains.

I PM the seller on September 18 asking for a refund and the seller agreed on September 19. His PM:

"Surprised about that, everyone seems very happy with their copies. However, if you are not happy please return them for a full refund "·

I give Joey the return address on September 22 and that is when communication with the seller stops.

I didn't want to bother Joey with this issue of mine so I didn't ask for a tracking number until October 25 when he give me the tracking showing that the package was delivered on October 4 to the address that the seller gave to me.

I immediately sent a PM and a separate email to the seller asking for the refund, pointing out that he has the books since October 4th and even so he didn't contact me at all.

IMO this is PL worth, and if I am correct, I have to wait 3 days since my last PM/email to the seller to start the PL process.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for reading, english is not my language, i hope I was clear enough.

Is there such a thing as a non-interesting or non-cool date stamp?

When it's smeared. :(

Unless you cannot read it...I disagree. All date stamps are cool IMO

if the date stamp is not really the accurate date its probably not that cool.

Is there such a thing as a non-interesting or non-cool date stamp?

When it's smeared. :(

Unless you cannot read it...I disagree. All date stamps are cool IMO

if the date stamp is not really the accurate date its probably not that cool.

The accurate date to what? When the comic was released?

If date stamps were so cool, what is to stop people from doing it on any book at any time?

They add zero value.

Not true.

Not only that, I suspect a grading company would be able to tell if a stamp was added recently.

Not true.