• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Any marvel book signed by Stan Lee is relevant. He did after all pretty much create the entire marvel universe

I didn't say it was irrelevant, it's better than having a Deadpool book signed by him which I can't understand why anyone would do that.

Granted, he did write the story in MSH #12 so he created Mar-Vell. I tend to look at the CM green and white suit era and what Roy Thomas did (and Jim Starlin), as 2 separate entities. Like with Him and Warlock.

I think Thanos Quest is still the overlooked book of the bunch currently. Even SS issues are seeing a jump now.

+1

Does anyone know the print run of Thanos quest 1 compared to infinity gauntlet 1

I would suspect that TQ is smaller

2cqg0hd.jpg

This is a repost as it was buried in the thread. Here's my TQ #1. Signed by Ron Lim on the first page! :whee:

I still need a #2 9.8. I have a copy from way back when, but I read it so many times through the years, I don't think it's hitting 9.8! :D

That teaser of the Infinity Gauntlet reminds me of a page I own :devil:

Those pictures show why the Thanos in the movies doesn't look menacing. Chin, brow, cheeks, "crown" are all wrong. It's unfortunate the movies did not better capture the profile of Thanos from the comics. Instead of a menacing villain, we have a goofy looking villain IMHO. But I digress...

As for the subject of this thread, I love these books. Another book that deserves to be in with these other is Warlock and the Infinity Watch.

Edited by rjrjr

I think it's the blue eyes. I like everything else about the cinematic depiction of Thanos other than the big blue eyes.

2mmv3hf.jpg

3842001-thanosi2.jpg

Why couldn't they give Brolin some sort of contacts that blacked out his eyes except for some gold or red? (shrug)