• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

Those are some beautiful books! So difficult to find in the condition you have them in. Will these stay raw or get graded?

They will remain raw indefinitely. Here are five more from my collection:

015_zps24d49ed8.jpg

016_zps99786cff.jpg

017_zpsfee92a53.jpg

018_zps4d3c2d21.jpg

22-08-2012114148PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

I got a hold of this ADV 211 recently. It was an incredibly tough issue to find. Completed my 1955 run of Adventure issues except for 210.

ADV211-page-001.jpg

Interesting the way Lana and Lois were drawn in 1955!

Don't worry Superboy, once you hit puberty your threeway dreams will get better.

Lana and Lois attired in only fishnet stockings and Brazilian thongs wouldn't have gone over too well with the CCA in 1955 though....

fish3_zpsd34706a4.jpg

:insane:

Edited by Hepcat

A true Silver Age classic is the doomsday scenario tale of the Suneater, filling both Adventure #352 and #353.

The teasing conclusion to #352:

Adv352end_zps9bb60b53.jpg

Here is the dramatic splashpage to #353:

Adv353splash_zps3eeaab21.jpg

Good write-up!

(thumbs u

Those are some beautiful books! So difficult to find in the condition you have them in. Will these stay raw or get graded?

They will remain raw indefinitely. Here are five more from my collection:

015_zps24d49ed8.jpg

016_zps99786cff.jpg

017_zpsfee92a53.jpg

018_zps4d3c2d21.jpg

22-08-2012114148PM.jpg

:cool:

Wonderful raw copies!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, thought I'd put a few recent acquisitions up here. Thanks to MyComicShop auctions, and Ted at Superworld Comics, here's a few I picked up recently:

Adventure202_zps7b252225.jpg

Adventure236_zpse5c34712.jpg

Adventure241_zpsc1dc185d.jpg

Adventure242_zps2e7756bd.jpg

Adventure243_zps41f34b33.jpg

No, I only have the one copy of each. I buy the DC Archive books as well so I can read/study the old stories whenever I want.

:)

Sorry about the poor quality of my most recent scans though. Up until a year ago last September I had a Dell Vostro 1720 laptop with a Vista Business operating system and a Dell V105 copier/printer with which I was getting scans that captured the full magnificence of my comics.

Then when my Dell laptop died just over a year ago, I replaced it with a Hewlett Packard Envy laptop with a Windows 8.1 operating system. For three or four months thereafter I was getting scans with the same resolution and brightness but slightly smaller in size. Then my Dell V105 copier decided it no longer wanted to continue mating with my new Hewlett Packard laptop. I therefore replaced it with a new Hewlett Packard 1513 copier/printer. My scans are now back to full size but I've lost brightness!

:(