• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

Tough to compete with the books posted here in the past several days! I just got this one back from CGC, and I'm really pleased with it.

AA06CGC75.jpg

....this one always looks so nice in the higher grades.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Tough to compete with the books posted here in the past several days! I just got this one back from CGC, and I'm really pleased with it.

AA06CGC75.jpg

Great book! Sserpo is my favorite Thing prototype.

note the 11/61 release date - same as ff1. Sserpo did not predate the thing...

AA06CGC75.jpg

According to Mikes amazing World of comics the AA #6 beat FF #1 to the stands by 7 days. :popcorn:

AA06CGC75.jpg

According to Mikes amazing World of comics the AA #6 beat FF #1 to the stands by 7 days. :popcorn:

That'd still make the prototype a bit of a stretch...

Yeah...but if you look at it from the context of the Big Picture..... the ENTIRE Pre Hero canon is a prototype for early Marvel. I always liked AA 6 because it was the issue that finally convinced me, without a doubt, that George Klein inked FF 1 and 2. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi Guys!! I've seen some great books lately from many of you, including Art, Bob, John and a few others! I haven't been doing too much buying, but I couldn't resist this one, easily in my prehero top 5:

ST80_zps6c0c01b6.jpg

:hi: Rich, good to see you! Excellent book, it's in my top pre-hero covers as well.

Hi Guys!! I've seen some great books lately from many of you, including Art, Bob, John and a few others! I haven't been doing too much buying, but I couldn't resist this one, easily in my prehero top 5:

ST80_zps6c0c01b6.jpg

:hi: Rich, good to see you! Excellent book, it's in my top pre-hero covers as well.

Thanks Art! Nice to have something new to post here. 4 things really stand out for me on this Kirby masterpiece: 1) The great perspective, 2) The mostly blue cover, 3) The very human face that Kirby gives Gargantus, 4) The drama and the action just exploding as only Kirby could draw. Sure, 50 years later others have picked up on his style and many others. However, in his day and many days to follow, the King delivered again and again in virtuosic action and raw power. :headbang::takeit:

ST80_zps6c0c01b6.jpg

Beautiful book Rich. Congratz on your latest addition. (thumbs u