• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

I saw the Hardy rumors. At first, I thought he'd be playing Cable, but it looks like the rumors point to Apocalypse. I wonder which of the three comic book movies he's supposedly attached to he actually winds up in.

I saw the Hardy rumors. At first, I thought he'd be playing Cable, but it looks like the rumors point to Apocalypse. I wonder which of the three comic book movies he's supposedly attached to he actually winds up in.

Cable would have been so cool. But we shall see where this goes when it comes to Apocalypse. X-Men: Days of Future Past delivered. So I have to assume the next movie will as well.

Hardy was awesome as Bane, so I am looking forward to this.

Definitely one of the better actors to come along. I thought he was fantastic in 'Warrior' and for a 5'9" frame he really beefed up for the role to look even bigger.

Hardy was awesome as Bane, so I am looking forward to this.

Definitely one of the better actors to come along. I thought he was fantastic in 'Warrior' and for a 5'9" frame he really beefed up for the role to look even bigger.

Wow! Cool. I never knew about Warrior. I think I will check it out over the weekend. (thumbs u

I'd need to see more details before I got concerned. The same creative team that delivered Days of Future Past are focused on this, so you will have consistency and proven success. But they still need to deliver rather than rest on their laurels.

:wishluck:

I hope this is good as well. But if it sucks.. maybe Marvel gets the rights back sooner!

If they do another Origins Wolverine blunder, I should hope so.

They don't make movies for us, they make them for money. Which just destroys all hope

I hope this is good as well. But if it sucks.. maybe Marvel gets the rights back sooner!

If they do another Origins Wolverine blunder, I should hope so.

They don't make movies for us, they make them for money. Which just destroys all hope

First Class was outstanding. The Wolverine was really good. Days of Future Past was outstanding.

I've seen all three. Loved them. How are they just cranking out movies just for the money when the stories are so good?

I enjoyed those as well.

Talking of Wolverine Origins.

Actually, I was disappointed with The Wolverine. It was pretty good, but not fantastic.

Now what would really impress me is......Cyber. I think he would be the perfect villain for Wolvie to tackle. But something tells me they are leaning towards Omega Red.

I enjoyed those as well.

Actually, I was disappointed with The Wolverine. It was pretty good, but not fantastic.

Now what would really impress me is......Cyber. I think he would be the perfect villain for Wolvie to tackle. But something tells me they are leaning towards Omega Red.

I was thinking the same thing on the next villain. Especially if there is a spite war going on between Fox and Marvel, and Fox wants to produce yet another X-character as a 'got this one too' move. But I hope only if they can do this character justice.

I enjoyed those as well.

I was thinking the same thing on the next villain. Especially if there is a spite war going on between Fox and Marvel, and Fox wants to produce yet another X-character as a 'got this one too' move. But I hope only if they can do this character justice.

Agreed, Wolverine villains are gritty and over the top to match the intensity of Wolverine himself. I am not sure if they can pull it off without making them "cartoony". I am however, extremely impressed on how they have cast Magneto. That is the perfect role for that actor (who's name eludes me and I am too lazy to google).

Liev Schriber as Sabertooth was a good choice, I think he played that role rather well. Would be nice to see him again.

X-MEN APOCALYPSE to be renamed "X-Men: Akkaba," Tom Hardy wanted to play the role of Apocalypse; Evan Peters returns as Quicksilver

---------------------

Should Hardy be on board for the movie, he will play the character of En Sabah Nur, or "The First One." According to Christian Today, "In the Marvel Universe, his back story was traced back in Ancient Egypt. Apocalypse was tagged as an enemy of Pharaoh Rama-Tut as he is first mutant that walked the Earth." The conflict of the story is Apocalypse revealing to people that he is a god and using his power as proof. To meet with Apocalypse, the main cast of "X-Men" will have to travel back in time.

Ecumenical News also shares that the movie's title might be changed to "X-Men: Akkaba." The word is a description of a "group of people who worship and follow Apocalypse."

---------------------

hm