• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Is your set completely CGC graded Rob? Are you almost done the series?

Yes. All 9.4 or better with OW or better pages (with maybe two exceptions) and generally very good production quality. The 105 will stick out like a sore thumb, TBH.

I'll eventually have 1-191 and then various mini-runs beyond that. My focus right now is the 1-157 because it's WAY tougher than the Miller run. I'm nearly done.

I need:

1-5, 7

60, 65, 66, 69,

84, 86,

and Annual 3.

(yes, the 60s are hard!)

The 9.4 or plus is just amazing Rob. I'm nearly done with my full run of v1,v2, and the ongoing v3...but I've got some RAGS in my collection from the SA and BA lol

Hoping you'll post some group slab shots when you're done!

Yes. All 9.4 or better with OW or better pages (with maybe two exceptions) and generally very good production quality. The 105 will stick out like a sore thumb, TBH.

I'll eventually have 1-191 and then various mini-runs beyond that. My focus right now is the 1-157 because it's WAY tougher than the Miller run. I'm nearly done.

I need:

1-5, 7

60, 65, 66, 69,

84, 86,

and Annual 3.

(yes, the 60s are hard!)

Well, the fact they are all slabbed is pretty impressive. The 105 is not so bad honestly. I'm not crazy about the date stamp but that's minor. Some of those issues I have trouble finding also. I don't restrict myself to slabs though, or strictly white pages either. I roughly need 4x the number of issues you need still.

Are you number 1 on the registry for DD?

I need:

1-5, 7

60, 65, 66, 69,

84, 86,

and Annual 3.

(yes, the 60s are hard!)

Well, the fact they are all slabbed is pretty impressive. The 105 is not so bad honestly. I'm not crazy about the date stamp but that's minor. Some of those issues I have trouble finding also. I don't restrict myself to slabs though, or strictly white pages either. I roughly need 4x the number of issues you need still.

Are you number 1 on the registry for DD?

Yeah, all in all the 105 isn't bad. It's symmetrical at least. Compared to the rest of the books in the run, however, it's a major outlier. I don't think any others have more than a mm or two of offset.

I'm 10th in the registry right now. I'm going to buy a 9.4 #1 and (hopefully) a 9.4 #7, so I won't be able to get higher than 5th. The guys up high all have some nicer books that gobble up the points (icculus308win for one) :cloud9:

I was meaning to ask you. Did you send any of your copies off to get graded or did you just buy them pre-graded?

I had a look at the registry 1 and 2 have an insane number of points. I wish I was financially able to start collecting DD 20 yrs ago.

Do you collect any other titles?

I was meaning to ask you. Did you send any of your copies off to get graded or did you just buy them pre-graded?

I had a look at the registry 1 and 2 have an insane number of points. I wish I was financially able to start collecting DD 20 yrs ago.

I've graded a fair share of books. I don't get out to conventions as much as I used to so I don't have the opportunity to look at as many raw books as I used to, but I've graded a few of the books in my Daredevil run.

I'm collect a few other titles. Nothing as focused as Daredevil right now. My second title is definitely Fantastic Four. Theoretically that would be from 1-293, but that's a lot more expensive than Daredevil lol I also pick up Silver Age Green Lanterns when I can and a few other things. I'll have to figure out what to focus on, I guess.

I've graded a fair share of books. I don't get out to conventions as much as I used to so I don't have the opportunity to look at as many raw books as I used to, but I've graded a few of the books in my Daredevil run.

I'm collect a few other titles. Nothing as focused as Daredevil right now. My second title is definitely Fantastic Four. Theoretically that would be from 1-293, but that's a lot more expensive than Daredevil lol I also pick up Silver Age Green Lanterns when I can and a few other things. I'll have to figure out what to focus on, I guess.

It's awesome you got some of them yourself. FF, ASM, and early X-Men really are a challenge finacially. DD not so much, but it has it's fans from keeping you from getting those last issues definitely. The DDs on CLINK have already gone higher than the last sale. No DD movie announcement up to 2019. Truly bizarre. At least you have time to get that DD1 and 7 :).

Keep throwing up those slabs. They are a sight to see. We can sync up on the DD collection if you were ever looking to buy/sell. I have some of those issues you are looking for (probably rawa) but I am not sure I have doubles of them. I could always look and if I did, I'd give you my best guess on the grade.

Wow! Great books! (worship)

The #3 is perfectly centered with White Pages and a date stamp and the #7 has very minimal slant/cut on the right edge! I'm jealous! :applause:

I need a #7! :cry: And I really want a #4 which is one of my favorite covers!

Who couldn't be happier with the two books he just won? This guy, for sure!

My only regret today is not having enough cash right now to have made a run at the 9.4 #1, which was a perfect copy for me.

Maybe I'll luck out and it went to a dealer.

151147.jpg.c47c98516a17919cc7ebadbfa495559a.jpg

151148.jpg.6cd700016fad80224fe89deaf01e1db0.jpg

Congrats Rob!. Those were the HA auction copies from yesterday I presume. Hopefully you got them for under GPA.

Yeah, Heritage yesterday. The #2 went for cheap. I actually liked the book enough that I had a lot of room to go on it, to be honest. I got it for well under my high bid. The #3 went for a fair price.

People seem to like 3 better than 2 for some reason. 1st owl appearance I suppose?

I was looking at them but didn't have the pockets for them this time around. I did pretty well in the last 2 CLink. No DDs though. Did you see the high prices in CLink yesterday. I have never seen the prices climb so fast so soon!

Edited by romanheart

Hey Rob,

I like your collecting style of only buying nicely presenting 9.4's and OW/W or better PQ and not settling for just any 9.4's.

At a certain issue number, do you start looking for 9.6 or 9.8 or are you happy with 9.4? hm Just curious because I'd like to start working on lower numbers and right now I have pretty much solely focused on the Miller run.