• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

One of my favorite Marvel characters.

Thor-Ragnarok-Official-Marvel-Movie-Logo.jpg

EDITORIAL: 5 Ways THOR: RAGNAROK Can Improve On THOR: THE DARK WORLD

--------------------------

My biggest problem with The Dark World is the lack of consequence- not just for the MCU overall, but for the character of Thor. He didn’t really change that much or go through any specific character arc, basically remaining the same character he was at the end of Avengers. This cannot be the case in Ragnarok. I already mentioned my theory that Darcy, Jane and Selvig will be killed in AOU, which ties into my theory about where he will be at the start of Ragnarok.

--------------------------

hm

Interested to see if it goes the way of Oeming Storyline or will stick truer to the Rangarok story overall.

The Oeming storyline was great but I suspect it will be a mixture of that and Simonson's arc. I wonder if they will have the Avengers do cameo appearances for a battle scene on earth or just stick to the outer realms? Either way I'm stoked! :banana:

thor85_5-1.jpg

Thor #80 has been a difficult issue to find ever since it came out. Such a small print run. I bet those sales figures are skyrocketing on GPA.

I'm re-reading the Simonson run now. It's been years since I've read it. It's been my favorite overall storyline from any comic series ever since I first read it. I'm on #340 now and it's just as spectacular to read this time as it was the first time!

So, is that the Gothenburg sound, which Killswitch Engage nicked?

I haven't heard any authentic material before. (thumbs u

So, is that the Gothenburg sound, which Killswitch Engage nicked?

I haven't heard any authentic material before. (thumbs u

hm You know your metal. This is the sound Mike Amott, Bill Steer and Jeff Walker helped create in '92 and a lot of swedish death bands started to develop.

In Flames took it steps further with Whoracle.

Did Amon Amarth come out before Killswitch Engage? That I am not sure of, but Killswitch was defiantly one of the best North American bands to transition the sound.

I guess Age of Ultron lines up THOR: RAGNAROK.

Idris Elba Confirms 'Heimdall' And Tom Hiddleston 'LOKI' In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

--------------------

During an interview with The Telegraph, actor Idris Elba, who plays the Asgardian gatekeeper Heimdall in the Thor movies, expressed strong thoughts about his Marvel commitments and seemingly confirmed his and Hiddleston's inclusion in next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron.

“Ironically, yesterday I had to…” Elba stopped, while discussing his professional commitments, before revealing: “I’m in Avengers, and I’m doing a scene with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, and they’re like, [whispers] – ‘Aren’t you [meant to be] in Ibiza?’ ” Ibiza Rocks House is a superclub where Idris Elba has been DJing/hosting. The English actor had apparently filmed his Age of Ultron scenes right after the clubbing gig. “That’s why I was p----- about my set yesterday. I really just wasn’t there. I was annoyed.”

--------------------

When will Thor wear a proper winged helmet?

That's something I've asked myself before. Maybe during a ceremony of some sort. I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so I'd like to see it.

Thor was wearing his helmet at the beginning of the first Thor movie.

1556657-26_hail_thor.png

Thor #80 has been a difficult issue to find ever since it came out. Such a small print run. I bet those sales figures are skyrocketing on GPA.

One of the first books I bought when I got back into comics, I started with the dissassembled run, think I eventually got everything on the tick list, and remember the Thor ones being a bit of a PIA to get at a decent price... Worth it though, good storylines, might go back to them... GPA should be interesting over the next few months.

When will Thor wear a proper winged helmet?

I seem to remember seeing Thor wearing one in his first scene in Asgard, where he struts before Odin and his court.