• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Watching Illusionist (for the zillionth time) and thinking about how great Edward Norton --could-- have been as Dr. Strange. Too bad chance aligned him with the Hulk.

It was the first time I realized that the kid who played the younger version of Norton is the Kick-/QuickSilver/Godzilla guy..... interesting.

Edited by bronze_rules

Joaquin Phoenix Breaks Silence On DOCTOR STRANGE

---------------------

"I can't talk about it," Phoenix started. "I’ve met on all sorts of movies throughout the years. What seems appealing about some of them is the idea of pushing myself in a way that’s out of my comfort zone. But really, it’s what I’m always looking for—good characters, big ideas and a passionate filmmaker. If those things line up with any kind of movie, I have interest in it."

---------------------

"There’s some great Batman stuff and classic Frank Miller Dark Knight stuff and Arkham Asylum. But I was always a big Wolverine guy. I love Wolverine—big [frick]ing great dramatic character. They’re all conflicted, and they’re really interesting."

---------------------

Article Title: Phoenix Breaks Silence on DOCTOR STRANGE

Article Content: Phoenix Continues Silence on DOCTOR STRANGE

I wonder what role he regretted turning down that he also wouldn't speak about? Was Iron Man placement incidental or was he thinking of that? I know Tom Cruise was attached to that for a bit...

Ahhaha! Yes! So glad to see this casting choice come through. Shoudl be interesting to see who else becomes cast in this movie. Dr. Strange tends to be such a solitary character and I think presents a bit of an interesting challenge to have him interacting with the rest of the world. I suppose villain speculation comes next. I'd personally love to see Nightmare, but I suspect it will be a Mordo/Dormammu combo which also cant be complained about.