• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

Paid this one off this week...should have the book in hand on Monday or Tuesday...been a long time a'comin'. THX to Don/Peter Loves Gwen!

THX again Don! There are 25 universal blue label 9.0s...this might not be the nicest one in the universe but it's gotta be close! :cloud9::headbang:

ASM4CGC90White.jpg

Seriously, a huge congrats. That book is killer! (worship)

What are the members views on silver age Spidey's from the U.K price varients. Are they seen as a second cousin to their US counterparts and worthless in the collecting market. I would be very interested in your views, thanks.

They are certainly not worthless...but they are a bit niche-y. I for one do not collect them nor would I view them as the same or equal to the USA version even if filling a hole, say. They are generally worth about 25-50% of the USA version, depending on the issue and other factors. If they were near-mint or minty they could well command between 50-75% of the USA version.

I would not recommend buying to sell in the future...if they're for your sole enjoyment, you can get some great issues for a fraction of the cost!

Good luck with your choices! :headbang:

Just back from CGC, I've owned both books for around 20-25 years.

ASM26CGC.jpg

ASM45CGC.jpg

So cool to see "old books" that have remained in the same hands for 20+ years! This is what our hobby should be all about!!

I just wish I'd filled all the gaps in my ASM run 20-25 years ago! lol