• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

BLACK PANTHER: How Many Movies Has Chadwick Boseman Signed On For With Marvel?

2478348-avengers087.jpg

---------------------

Deadline have now weiged in on the casting and already have the exclusive on Boseman's role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I hear he’s signed a lucrative five-film deal that begins with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War continues through Marvel’s just-unveiled Phase 3 line-up." A five picture deal obviously means we'll be seeing a lot of the Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe then, and it would be very surprising if he doesn't make an appearance in a future Avengers movie and obviously a sequel to his own 2017 solo outing. That's not all they have details on though.

When Kevin Feige was asked whether Marvel will be targeting an African American director for Black Panther and a female helmer for Captain Marvel, he replied: "We’re looking for the best directors possible," but did acknowledge that producer/director Reginald Hudlin is one filmmaker with Marvel ties (he wrote Black Panther for a time, retelling his origin and marrying him off to Storm). "Reggie I’ve known for many years and is a great guy – I think I’m meeting him again shortly."

---------------------

And on his Civil War appearance.

---------------------

"Speaking of Black Panther, Feige was then asked if we'll see Boseman as T'Challa before his appear[ance] in Captain America: Civil War...perhaps in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "With Black Pather, what our little song and dance at the end was meant to signify, and I’ll just clarify it for you: he is definitively a big part of Civil War. We will meet him for the first time in Civil War, in costume," he reassured.

---------------------

Honestly, this is probably the film I'm most excited about from yesterday's news. The concept art is killer (one of the rare 60s costumes that doesn't need an overhaul for a 2014 audience) and is going to look fantastic on the big screen.

I know next to nothing about the Black Panther, but I think Chadwick Boseman will be great as a lead, and frankly I really like that a black actor will be the star of a Marvel film. Hoping to see something fresh and different from a big-budget superhero movie. Bring it on!

any thoughts on what story they might tell with him. I was never big into the character, but Civil War was the Marvel event that really got my pull list inflated again. I remember getting his Civil War issue, back filling that series to #1, and then pulling all of his books since then. I suppose I know/own all of his modern stories, (including the stuff that potential director wrote), but dont know a lot about his earlier stuff.

Boseman is a great choice, but just imagine what Tracy Morgan could do with the role!

I was thinkin' Charlie Murphy hm

Actually the more I think about it... the more I realize Marvel already had the best actor to play Black Panther on the payroll. :D

downeytropicthunder_zpsf0d30c7f.jpg

Boseman is a great choice, but just imagine what Tracy Morgan could do with the role!

Actually the more I think about it... the more I realize Marvel already had the best actor to play Black Panther on the payroll. :D

lol:applause::headbang::banana::whee:

:roflmao:

I was wondering if they'd use Wesley Snipes. But I'm definiltely excited to see the character brought to life.

Honestly, this is probably the film I'm most excited about from yesterday's news. The concept art is killer (one of the rare 60s costumes that doesn't need an overhaul for a 2014 audience) and is going to look fantastic on the big screen.

I know next to nothing about the Black Panther, but I think Chadwick Boseman will be great as a lead, and frankly I really like that a black actor will be the star of a Marvel film. Hoping to see something fresh and different from a big-budget superhero movie. Bring it on!

Sam's feelings got hurt

1084_a5ac.gif

It was the part he was born to play!

Sam's feelings got hurt

1084_a5ac.gif

lol Point taken. But a big difference between Fury supporting the Avengers vs a full movie starring a black hero.