• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Might want to consider adding aarr5824 to your list (66.7% FB). Buys a Saga book from me BIN with immediate payment. Request for me to ship to the UK after paypal payment says San Diego, CA. I tell him I don't ship to different address than what's on payment. Don't hear back from him so I ship the book to California within my handling time. Emails me asking why I sent it to California and now wants a refund after tracking shows delivered. Says he doesn't live at the California address and can't send back my book but wants a refund. Today I got my first negative. :mad: Hopefully eBay can help.

After he failed to respond about the change of address, probably would have been better off cancelling the sale. But you probably know that now :)

Are buyers able to leave feedback if the seller cancels a sale? Hard to turn down a sale, but not at the expense of a headache. Thanks for the tip.

I see a book I like on ebay but the item is about to expire so I do my best to look it over and place a bid. Then after the fact, I see the person has put in the description line (smallest type possible) that this book is graded at 1.0

now the picture for the book only showed the cover and the book looked like the range I was trying to get-- somewhere in the 3.5 to 4 range-- maybe a 3. Now the guy won't cancel the sale even though there were no other bidders on it and I will not be happy if what I think he did (deception imo) happens -- sending me a piece of garbage that looks nothing like the picture on the screen that drew me to the sale.

Am I wrong here? I realize I was wrong in making a hasty decision.-- but am I wrong to back out of a deal that will end up with me not getting what I thought I was buying?

Follow through with the purchase. After you receive it claim it wasn't as advertised and return it for a full refund.

I see a book I like on ebay but the item is about to expire so I do my best to look it over and place a bid. Then after the fact, I see the person has put in the description line (smallest type possible) that this book is graded at 1.0

now the picture for the book only showed the cover and the book looked like the range I was trying to get-- somewhere in the 3.5 to 4 range-- maybe a 3. Now the guy won't cancel the sale even though there were no other bidders on it and I will not be happy if what I think he did (deception imo) happens -- sending me a piece of garbage that looks nothing like the picture on the screen that drew me to the sale.

Am I wrong here? I realize I was wrong in making a hasty decision.-- but am I wrong to back out of a deal that will end up with me not getting what I thought I was buying?

Follow through with the purchase. After you receive it claim it wasn't as advertised and return it for a full refund.

That should work

Did he confirm that the book is a 1.0? The reason I ask is because I only see 1.0 listed under item specifics. That is a notoriously finicky text field on eBay listings where eBay will attempt to fill out that info automatically, oftentimes putting incorrect info. Many sellers also forget to change that field when using a listing template, so the grade will default to the last book that was listed. I would just check to make sure that it is indeed a 1.0 with him before contemplating a request to return/cancel.

For $8 thats not bad. The other copy on ebay right now for that price looks in even worse shape to me...

perhaps you are glossing over the fact that the item pictured is hardly a 1.0 grade imo OR that the guy won't respond to my question of whether or not the item pictured is what I am getting.

I would have no problem getting the book pictured-- I fear this guy is going to argue that he just used a stock picture or something since they refuse to answer this pretty simple question.

I admit to glossing. The fact he won't respond to you makes me hm

If anything, that's just rude, but then again, he could be busy. Have to wait and see.

I've messaged sellers after a purchase (usually just so they can leave feedback, after I have already praised them on the order) and those that don't respond, I tend to never buy from again. Some people are just plain ignorant.

I utterly hate sellers who wont respond. How hard is this? It drives me nuts.

Any business that does this, in my mind. What happened to treating customers with respect?

Yep

80% of the time when I leave a voice mail somewhere I do not get a call back.

Yet telemarketers are not obverse at calling you 5 times a day. I'm ditching a bank I deal with because they gave my number to another company. Bastards.

I utterly hate sellers who wont respond. How hard is this? It drives me nuts.

I had an ebay seller I contacted on a Friday get back to me the next Monday and tell me that they leave their office at 5pm on Friday so they don't see any messages/emails until they are back on Monday.

I wondered briefly who in this day and age doesn't have 24/7access to their emails with phones and home pc's, but I guess some folks like living pre 1980 style.

Yep

80% of the time when I leave a voice mail somewhere I do not get a call back.

Yet telemarketers are not obverse at calling you 5 times a day. I'm ditching a bank I deal with because they gave my number to another company. Bastards.

Obverse? That's an effrontery! Heads should roll!

:whistle: