• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

act309.jpg

Isn't this the story where Superman reveals his identity to JFK, and the President masquerades as Clark Kent? I remember reading that issue around the time Kennedy was assassinated, and getting all choked up.

act309.jpg

Isn't this the story where Superman reveals his identity to JFK, and the President masquerades as Clark Kent? I remember reading that issue around the time Kennedy was assassinated, and getting all choked up.

WOW. That must have been quite an experience to have to go through.

Thanks for posting that.

No, sadly not that one. I'd actually be content with just having a #267.

:)

.... right on, brother......that's the coolest one of the litter.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I`ve got a few.

adventure247-1.jpg

Wow! A 9.4 DC from 1958!

:o

Do you still have that one?

???

Yes. When I sold off my SA DCs some years ago, the only books I kept were my Legion books (Adventure, JO, Superman, Action).

Here are scans of my four oldest comics featuring the Legion of Superheroes on the cover:

Nice books. It`s always been a huge source of frustration that after all these years, I`ve still only been able to acquire one of the sub-300 Adventure Legions. :frustrated:

When I sold off my SA DCs some years ago, the only books I kept were my Legion books (Adventure, JO, Superman, Action).

Wise. The Mort Weisinger comics weren't fetching nearly as much as the Julius Schwartz ones at that time.

Here are scans of five more of my Adventure Comics with Legion covers:

15-01-2013102523PM.jpg

15-01-2013102526PM.jpg

15-01-2013102529PM.jpg

15-01-2013102532PM.jpg

22-08-2012114138PM.jpg

:)

Here are scans of my four oldest comics featuring the Legion of Superheroes on the cover:

Adventure282.jpg

Who's the blond girl holding Supes's hands?? No wonder Lana's mad.

Zynthia of Xanthu, Star Boy's girlfriend. You see Superboy had got wind of Lana's inane plot to make him jealous so he turned the tables on her for a laugh.

;)

I`ve got a few.

adventure247-1.jpg

Wow! A 9.4 DC from 1958!

:o

Do you still have that one?

???

Yes. When I sold off my SA DCs some years ago, the only books I kept were my Legion books (Adventure, JO, Superman, Action).

.... wonderful news, Tim......I thought you had gotten rid of them all. Your 247 is too cool to sell..... if you were to sell it, the very fabric of reality could be severely damaged...... and as we all know, there's no evidence that the 9.6 is even better than yours except for the label. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I can see the 247 right now in your glass cabinet...... nestled between a Faberge Egg and a Tyrannosaur Egg ....... underneath the watchful gaze of NC Wyeth's painting of Captain Nemo :cloud9:

Edited by jimjum12