• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

Thanks! :)

The operative word being had.

I still have most, alas not all of em :(

Oh I see. Still, a great feat to accomplish then (thumbs u Believe me I know the feeling about having to sell some books for whatever reason it may be. And it stinks sometimes and you realize later on that it was a mistake.

Yeah, I decided to focus on my Showcase $et and ended up needing to sell some from this set.

I still have some of the best of the bunch (1), excepting the #2, 3 & 6, and all are Crippen copies.

Here is a link to a review of a new book about the history of WW and her creators.

I've read very positive reviews. William Marston was quite a character. Convinced his wife to let his mistress move in with them, created the polygraph test, and on and on. I think his life would make a good movie, maybe directed by Tim Burton.

Here is a link to a review of a new book about the history of WW and her creators.

I've read very positive reviews. William Marston was quite a character. Convinced his wife to let his mistress move in with them, created the polygraph test, and on and on. I think his life would make a good movie, maybe directed by Tim Burton.

There seem to be a lot Wonder Woman stories lately about her and the new book. Simultaneous articles in today's wall st journal, current issue of Entertainment weekly, current issue of Smithsonian magazine and smithsonian channel and in the New Yorker mag and the planned movie.

So many great stories exist that would make great movies from that time period. WW/Moulton definitely would qualify. I did not know that after Moulton died, his wife and mistress spent their lives together. Could make for quite the salty movie.

I think a story about the birth of comics and the artists in the lower east side of Manhattan (Delancey street became Yancy street for The King) would work. Immigrants, many of them Jewish, trying to find their way in America, fighting in WW II, and developing the themes and symbols that continue to resonate today.

And of course the EC story is so interesting, where the company is holding on by a thread, and fortunately that thread was Mad which led to success for the company and defined popular culture for years.

At least I think they would make great movies- I would go see 'em!

So many great stories exist that would make great movies from that time period. WW/Moulton definitely would qualify. I did not know that after Moulton died, his wife and mistress spent their lives together. Could make for quite the salty movie.

I think a story about the birth of comics and the artists in the lower east side of Manhattan (Delancey street became Yancy street for The King) would work. Immigrants, many of them Jewish, trying to find their way in America, fighting in WW II, and developing the themes and symbols that continue to resonate today.

And of course the EC story is so interesting, where the company is holding on by a thread, and fortunately that thread was Mad which led to success for the company and defined popular culture for years.

At least I think they would make great movies- I would go see 'em!

It's already a book! Kavalier and Clay! Not to mention Men of Tomorrow. Great stuff but probably a niche market for this stuff.