• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

Hit one garage sale this morning that said comics in the listing. The guy had a garage full of 90s stuff, overstock from a former sports card store. Man what a depressing sight.

My big 'score' was five issues of Superman 75 fourth print and a couple of random ASM issues. I should have offered to burn down his garage and save him the bother of carting them all to the landfill. :P

Today I went to an antique shop that I've never been to before, got a few good books for $2.50 each- Batman Mad Love 1st print, Superman 500 platinum sealed, R Crumb's ZAP #4 original, a few 1971 Creepy mags and then this happened... Almost full, has 29 sealed packs....

p><p> DonI gave my little brother a few 1986 garbage pail kids but the deal was he had to eat all the gum. It was awesome.

Not long ago I bought a pack of '78 topps baseball for a shot at the Molitor, Murphy, or Murray cards, and ate the gum. It was white. Didn't taste like much. Crumbled like sawdust. Got commons in the pack.

Went around to a few antique shops today just to get out of the house with the family for a while. Found a few (lol) G.I Joe ARAH figures at one place and they gave me a nice amount off the price. Now for the fun task of matching up the accessories to the figures. :)

15459564690_52f0e64bbb_o.jpg

15621426796_c327a5c0fb_o.jpg

15645967452_e421c0ef61_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Also, in case you don't know how, those figures that are in pieces can be fixed. I have a link to where you can buy "O" rings to fix them. I have fixed my share of Joes and Micronauts.

Thanks for the link. I've used YoJoe.com before...what an amazing site and wonderful resource THAT is. :)

Please send me the link for the "O" rings. I knew that a way to fix them existed but I've never looked into it. I appreciate the help.

Peace,

Chip

No problem. "O" rings

Let me know if you need help replacing rings.

Jeff

Thanks for that, Jeff. I just bought 100, which should cover everything. I've got 3 purchases worth of Joe figures now...probably 150+ to sell with some vehicles and small accessories. It could be a nice payday, so I'm working on cleaning them all up and sorting everything now.

Peace,

Chip

Went to the local flea market this morning. Was a few people that had books out, most were over priced as usual. But found this one hiding in a little stack. Paid a dollar for it.

scan0001_zpseb67d036.jpg

Nice find. Gonna have it graded?

Not sure if it is worth being graded yet. Have to look into it.

Went to a toy and collectible store I know and found these at $4.00 each. I gotta love my fanzines. (thumbs u

100_2308_zpsed7f7284.jpg

Everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE -- has a Heroes, Inc. #1. Not many people have a #2.

(Honestly, if you're a comic collector/dealer and you don't own a copy of Heroes, Inc. #1, I'm sure there is somebody with a case that would be willing to hand over one to you.)

So I took the advice of some boardies here and I put up an ad on craigslist offering to buy and/or look through collections that people want to get rid of or are curious about.

Today it paid off…picked up a collection from some guy at about $1 a book. Not bad, some drek definitely but there are a few rare gems, nothing like 5 NM #89 or 3 ASM #300 though.

Overall, I'm pretty happy! No pics yet, still sorting through what I got.

Went to an auction and (because I love sci-fi) bought a couple of boxes of these (about 210 in total) - cost literally pennies for the whole lot.

asfjanjune1955_zpscec19df9.jpg

asfjunnov1955_zps05f869f6.jpg

asf1953-4_zps6ff4a93c.jpg

But there is always treasure in most lots if you know what to look for...

analogduneworld_zps1295786e.jpg

Original 1st prints of the Frank Herbert trilogy - "Dune World".

There were also the last 2 parts of "Prophet of Dune" and the "Dragonriders" trilogy among some of the other Analog pulps.

1953 - 1976 was the date range.

A few months of enjoyable reading for a couple of $$.

Not as good as most people, but for such a small price, I'm very happy.