• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

more like wall-o-awesome

edit: what are you using as shelving?

thanks dude if you go back a TON of pages I have the exact setup but it's basically a self rigged brick mould/wall trim screwed together with the trim upside down so the books can rest agaist a small ridge so they don't move...screwed together and painted so it looks like one piece; obviously filled in the holes to give it that floating affect

Well its been quite some time and some overturn later and if I believe correctly I think my first post ever was in this thread (still love perusing everyones setup)...here are the current books on what I called it at the time my, "Wall-o-Slabs"

Fantastic Four #1 too be added soon...I switch em up every couple months. (thumbs u

15622944855_9a59438115_b.jpg

Very nice :applause:

but the Hulk is facing the wrong way :baiting:

Well its been quite some time and some overturn later and if I believe correctly I think my first post ever was in this thread (still love perusing everyones setup)...here are the current books on what I called it at the time my, "Wall-o-Slabs"

Fantastic Four #1 too be added soon...I switch em up every couple months. (thumbs u

Ah, now I see Wolverine :headbang:

Ah, now I see Wolverine :headbang:

lol yeah I took the shot from the door It was tough too get it all in one shot without doing panoramic that's why the books on the end look so small its actually a decent sized room not huge but I can fit 13 slabs across...when we built the house my wife said I could have one room dedicated to my stuff!! but shhhh we just finished 1100 square ft in our basement and I got visions hahaha!!! here is a pano of some of it the commission Artboy99 did for me is to the left not in the pic...It was the first thing I snuck down there!!

15621511201_1150f13684_c.jpg

15438174247_5d18bddece_c.jpg

and to Answer the question about light pretty much none...there is a window not facing the comics but I put a pull down shade and a faux blind in so that pretty much blackens out the all the light...I work straight nights so I have figures out how to darken a room over the years haha!!

So many cool rooms!

I wish I could have one, but I can't have nice things.

Tell your wife to pizz off,and take a room for your collection. (thumbs u

I'm not married. I tried house hunting last year, though, and it was disastrous.

So many cool rooms!

I'm not married. I tried house hunting last year, though, and it was disastrous.

Good for you. :applause:

So many cool rooms!

Tell my parents! Ha ha! They want more grandkids. I just got them another "granddog."

So many cool rooms!

Tell my parents! Ha ha! They want more grandkids. I just got them another "granddog."

Dogs are much less of a hassle. lol

So many cool rooms!

:applause:

So many cool rooms!

:roflmao::golfclap: Love it and hey Psithyrus it will happen sooner than later and it that is your LabraTHOR I would say your in great shape!! :cloud9:dogs!!

So many cool rooms!

:roflmao::golfclap: Love it and hey Psithyrus it will happen sooner than later and it that is your LabraTHOR I would say your in great shape!! :cloud9:dogs!!

I do have a LabraTHOR, but that one isn't mine. I should get a Thor helmet and Mjolnir for Sheldon for Halloween, though (he's a black lab mix). I actually have two. My little dog tried to eat my Totoro the other day.

I'm just having a "pity party" over here. Ha ha! Stuff going on every month.

OK - This is my Comic Room - a bit messy - and I share it with some of my music toys and my daughter's stuff - she loves to hang out in here... but I did get to paint it Superman colors :)

Someday i'll get more things displayed...

Sorry 'bout the fuzzy pics but I can't get this iphone to take a sharp shot today

IMG_1767_zps02abae87.jpg

IMG_1764_zps24aec25b.jpg

IMG_1758_zps959e4af1.jpg

OK - This is my Comic Room - a bit messy - and I share it with some of my music toys and my daughter's stuff - she loves to hang out in here... but I did get to paint it Superman colors :)

Sorry 'bout the fuzzy pics but I can't get this iphone to take a sharp shot today

IMG_1767_zps02abae87.jpg

IMG_1764_zps24aec25b.jpg

IMG_1758_zps959e4af1.jpg

Very nice room! I really like the paint colors. You really need to get that Superman "S" logo up on the wall somewhere! :applause:

IMG_1767_zps02abae87.jpg

IMG_1764_zps24aec25b.jpg

IMG_1758_zps959e4af1.jpg

Nice room :applause: