• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Just an update on my quest. For anyone who cares or was following it. I moved a few months back. Really lost the desire to collect comics. Have a lot of stuff going on. Last comic I bought was 11/2/14, it was Millie the Model #18 :cloud9: I was down to needing 30 more comics to have every Marvel from Oct 1957 to Dec 1979. Hope one day I can at least gather those last 30 issues to finish that up. (shrug)

October 1957 (Atlas implosion) up....

Battle #55 59

Gunsmoke Western #47 48

Homer the Happy Ghost #18 20

Love Romances #74

Marines in Battle #20 23

Millie the Model #82 83

Navy Combat #15 17 19 20

My Own Romances #60 64

Patsy Walker Miss America #88 89

Strange Tales #60 62 66

Two Gun Kid #40 43

World of Fantasy #9 10 11 12 13

Wyatt Earp #14

30 comics

It does us all good to take a break from time to time.....glad to have you back. Those last 30 aren't likely to pop up everyday..... so it may prove to be a nice leisurely finish for you..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's been awhile!!!! :acclaim:

Just picked this up. Brings me down to needing 29 more comics. :sumo:

And James this brings me down to needing 9 more issues to complete WOF!!! :cloud9:

08e75c8bdcf243c178d730843007d639_zpshxqkrev1.jpg[/img]

Frankie,your collection is beyond awesome.I am amazed at how incredible your collection is. (worship)

It's been awhile!!!! :acclaim:

Just picked this up. Brings me down to needing 29 more comics. :sumo:

And James this brings me down to needing 9 more issues to complete WOF!!! :cloud9:

Frankie,your collection is beyond awesome.I am amazed at how incredible your collection is. (worship)

Thanks a lot Dave! Coming from a great collector like yourself that means a lot! :headbang::foryou::whee:

Yesterday I started to ATTEMPT to put my comics in order. I bought 8 empty long boxes, 5 empty short boxes and sat down and got to it. Within three hours I was a beaten man again. Back hurts. Can't find stuff. Head was killing me. What a sad day. :tonofbricks: Anyone live in the western New Jersey area who wants to see every Marvel comic made from 1959 to 1980, wanna lend a hand??? This might be fun for a younger collector to dig thur all these boxes putting this stuff in order! I am NOT having any fun doing this. :sick:

eb87077246b5d43534fc4f8bc06634bd_zpsmagxhmv7.jpg[/img]

4912b161bf74a14712ffc2efe17c2467_zpsxmca6xp7.jpg[/img]

You might consider some shelving for your boxes, Frankie. It's a lot less work to get to each box when you don't have to unstack them. Might make the sorting and storage more pleasant. The last storage closet I had was a nightmare to get into, and so I never put stuff away and just let it stack up. Now that I have useful shelves I can actually get to boxes and its much nicer. If you have space it might help. The boxes are eating floor space anyway, so shelving won't even be intrusive.

What's up Bro?

That is on my To Do list is buy shelving. In my mind I was going to do that AFTER I got this mess in order. lol Dumb idea right? Bro.....wasted hours yesterday just looking for a few books. What a nightmare this is going to be. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

I don't envy you the job, and if I were local I'd love to volunteer. Trust me, get shelves first. Otherwise every box you'll need will be on the bottom. Every time.

The shelves I was looking at.....I think I would still have to pull each box out and put them on the floor to access the entire box. There was not enough clearance to leaf the box and remove what I needed too while it is on the shelve. doh!:tonofbricks::frustrated:

And that's the reason I was buying them.....after. :cry:

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

I don't envy you the job, and if I were local I'd love to come over and drink beer while I watch you sort 'n' suffer. lol

:baiting:

I'd try starting small. Take 3 - 6 longboxes and alphabetize them. Then, take your next long box, alphabetize it and interfile into the already sorted boxes. It'll still take time and be a big multi-day job, but it will seem more manageable and you'll also be able to see the progress as you go along.

Since the collection is so huge, it might be best to keep everything sorted alphabetically until it's all together, and separate by genre when you're done (if that's part of the plan).

Ok.

All the long boxes are sorted A-Z. But there is no rhyme or reason as to what is in what box. I started trying to pull out say all the Conan issues and get one long box dedicated to that one title. That was my bright idea that destroyed me mentally and I just started.

I still think you should give my method a shot, it worked for me. I don’t have it finished yet, its broken up into 3 separate groups, but within those groups all the boxes are sorted and alphabetized from Amazing Spider-Man in the 1st box to X-Men in the last. Part of the reason I haven’t finished it that I like to keep newer stuff separate until I’ve had time to read them.

Start with an empty long box. Open up maybe 3 of your other long boxes. Since they’re already alphabetized it shouldn’t be too bad. Take all the “A”s from those 3 boxes and put them into order in the empty long box. Move on to the “B”s, “C”s, etc. You’ll need to have a couple of empty longboxes to start out with. As you go through the other stacked boxes and interfile more into the “master” boxes, you’ll need to keep shifting books from the 1st box to the 2nd and so on as the contents of each expands, but it’s not as bad as it sounds.

My OCD would not allow my books to be left that way but you need to find a way to this so you are comfortable and it is not consuming your life, something I am very familiar with.

If it were me I would start by placing all books on the floor in piles by title in alphabetical order and once all boxes are emptied and all books are layed out start with the A's and work your way down.

Once they are layed you will be making progress and you will see that you are making progress and realize that you are becoming organized with a plan so you can do a little at a time and it will not seem as tedious.

Before you know it the piles will get smaller and it will be done.

I am in the process of re-photographing/grading/cataloging my books and that is also a very slow tedious process.

Once I came up with a plan and a way to keep it organized on paper(actually on my computer) and in my head while I slowly accomplish this I was able to relax without anxiety over "it has to be done now".

My OCD would not allow my books to be left that way but you need to find a way to this so you are comfortable and it is not consuming your life, something I am very familiar with.

If it were me I would start by placing all books on the floor in piles by title in alphabetical order and once all boxes are emptied and all books are layed out start with the A's and work your way down.

Once they are layed you will be making progress and you will see that you are making progress and realize that you are becoming organized with a plan so you can do a little at a time and it will not seem as tedious.

Before you know it the piles will get smaller and it will be done.

I am in the process of re-photographing/grading/cataloging my books and that is also a very slow tedious process.

Once I came up with a plan and a way to keep it organized on paper(actually on my computer) and in my head while I slowly accomplish this I was able to relax without anxiety over "it has to be done now".

What you are saying works great for 500 comics. This is much worse then that.....but can be figured out. Your from NJ. What time should I expect you? lol