• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

:o

No wonder why Jennifer Garner and Jason Momoa talked about not being able to speak out about information related to this movie. Affleck must have had to sign the same deal, which would have cost him dearly if his wife shared some of the details.

yeah the agreement most be that their not a loud to talk until a set time or when information is release. Like Jason Momoa is able to talk about playing Auqaman but with out give out any other information.

Bingo!

And I am glad about that, as they don't need the actors to share information and get some of the direction wrong.

Jason Momoa Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE And Starring In A Solo AQUAMAN Movie

-----------------

"Listen, I was asked to play it. You know, you audition and stuff like that, but the fact is you’ve just got to keep it quiet. You know what I mean, I was just trying to respect Warner Bros. and everyone’s wishes. I’m really, really happy that I don’t have to be quiet anymore, because that’s really hard for me." Momoa also went on to discuss how it's an "honour" for him to bring Aquaman to the big screen, adding: "The greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe. I’m really excited to be with Warner Bros., and hopefully everyone likes it. And Zack Snyder’s a genius, so I’m really excited to be hanging out with him."

-----------------

:applause:

Ray Fisher On BATMAN VS SUPERMAN And CYBORG Solo Movie

EW spoke to the actor recently in the wake up Warner Brothers and DCs upcoming film slate annoucement. 'I didn't know the extent to which DC and WB had planned on taking my character," he recalls, 'When I signed on, I just wanted to be part of this world. But that specific in formation, I found out then and there. I didn't think I'd be getting my own stand alone film.'

:o

BATMAN v SUPERMAN Teaser Trailer Is Supposedly Ready; Focuses On Batman

According to a few of BOF’s BvS insiders, the first teaser trailer for the film is complete and ready to go. The overt hint I got from these folks is that the teaser will be revealed this Fall along with a November or December film release (and online, of course). I have no idea to which specific film it may be “attached,” but New Line’s (which is Warner Bros.’ sister company) THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES is being released on December 17, 2014.

By the way Batman fans, I’ve heard that this teaser is “Batman heavy.”

:whee::whee:

if true we can get one for Batman, Superman and then follow with both.

Geoff Johns talks DC Film and TV

Geoff Johns in an interview with Buzzfeed actually explains that they are more connected than thought, "We look at it as the multiverse. We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist."

Johns said they haven't ruled anything completely out, "There’s been discussions over the years for both, obviously. You never say never. Maybe one day we’ll link a show to a film if it makes sense, but the creative process we’re going through right now is to let the stuff live and breathe and be its own thing and own it."

Geoff Johns talks DC Film and TV

Geoff Johns in an interview with Buzzfeed actually explains that they are more connected than thought, "We look at it as the multiverse. We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist."

Johns said they haven't ruled anything completely out, "There’s been discussions over the years for both, obviously. You never say never. Maybe one day we’ll link a show to a film if it makes sense, but the creative process we’re going through right now is to let the stuff live and breathe and be its own thing and own it."

Without forcing a connection. That was one of the complaints with IM3 is how The Avengers are mentioned multiple times in this movie, yet none appear. Where the other Marvel productions did this with grace, this felt more 'in your face' than it needed to be.

Jesse Eisenberg In Talks To Join The Cast Of SUICIDE SQUAD As 'Lex Luthor'

Though the roster of the Suicide Squad was seemingly revealed recently, that report was based on an old version of the -script which director David Ayer (Fury) is currently in the process of rewriting before production on the 2016 movie begin next Spring. With Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Tom Hardy all close to signing on to the DC Comics adaptation, a new report over at Deadline reveals that Warner Bros. are in talks with Batman v Superman star Jesse Eisenberg to join the cast!

It sounds as if the studio will have to woo him to reprise the role of Lex Luthor in this movie as he's also been lined up to star in Todd Phillips' Arms And The Dudes, meaning he'll have to choose between that and Suicide Squad as he will unlikely be able to do both. The movie which focuses on a group of supervillains who are brought together to tackle high-risk black ops missions for the government is moving along nicely and the addition of Eisenberg as Luthor would be amazing to see play out. It may also spoil the fact that Lex is imprisoned by the end of Batman v Superman!

Warner Bros. Said To Be Eyeing This List Of Female Directors For WONDER WOMAN

Forbes claim to have heard that Warner Bros. already have a list of female directors they're hoping will helm Wonder Woman for them in 2017. This list includes Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Mimi Leder (Deep Impact), Karyn Kusama (Girlfight), and Julie Taymor, the woman responsible for the disaterous Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark. However, she has found acclaim for her work on The Tempest and others. Also being considered are TV directors Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones) and Tricia Brook (The Walking Dead). The site adds that Bigelow, Leder, and Hardwicke, with MacLaren are the main contenders. Academy Award winning director Kathryn Bigelow is of course a fan-favourite choice to helm Wonder Woman, and while the site says that she's in the mix, it appears as if that's based more on speculation than reliable insider information.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Jena Malone Doesn't Deny That 'Robin' Rumor

I'm not surprised at all by her reaction, now that the financial penalty clause has come out if any cast members -including extras - reveal any details.

---------------------

Nothing has been made official yet of course, but UK E Online's Marc Malkin caught up with the Sucker Punch actress last night at a book launch party and asked her about it outright.

"So, are you the new Robin?" I asked.

Malone didn't even blink. She gave me a little wave and slid off to the bar.

---------------------

New Details On The Armoured Batsuit And More From BATMAN v SUPERMAN

Batman-News have heard from someone who claims to have spoken to Ben Affleck's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trainer while he was in London teaching some nutrition classes over the weekend. According to their anonymous source, he revealed the following. There will be two Batsuits in the movie, both of which we've seen; the regular and armoured version from the leaked San Diego Comic-Con footage. The latter will apparently have Kryptonite all over it AND the ability to shoot missiles! There are also two Batmobiles, and the site point back to an earlier report in which they heard that there would be a flying vehcile in the movie. Finally, we will indeed be getting to see Ben Affleck shirtless, but this isn't just to show off his physique...it's apparently, "beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?)."