• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,258 posts in this topic

I like this Maneely cover and there's also a cool Tumlinson story about a guy that gets hanged but doesn't die.

His buddies cut him down and take him up to a mountain top to make a deal with an indian devil living there.

Then, with the noose still on his busted neck and head cocked to the side, he goes on a killing spree.

KidColtOutlaw21x_zps9dc6cf54.jpg

KidColtOutlaw21page_zps2e7f3fd1.jpg

I like this Maneely cover and there's also a cool Tumlinson story about a guy that gets hanged but doesn't die.

His buddies cut him down and take him up to a mountain top to make a deal with an indian devil living there.

Then, with the noose still on his busted neck and head cocked to the side, he goes on a killing spree.

KidColtOutlaw21x_zps9dc6cf54.jpg

KidColtOutlaw21page_zps2e7f3fd1.jpg

I have a copy of that, I guess I didn't get around to reading it as I don't recall the story. I'll have to dig it out now.

This is one of my favorites as well. I'm not a big fan of snow in real life but on comic book covers it's pretty cool.

I'd like this Shores cover even without the snow, but I'm a sucker for "falling snow" covers and that makes this one of my favorite Atlas westerns.

WesternKid8x_zps347a86f6.jpg

I'd like this Shores cover even without the snow, but I'm a sucker for "falling snow" covers and that makes this one of my favorite Atlas westerns.

My first introduction to Syd Shores. Where have you been all my life, big boy? :luhv:

Much thanks to a friend and a friend of a friend for the copy I've got now, which I cherish.

Damonwad, your books are the bomb.

This is one of my favorites as well. I'm not a big fan of snow in real life but on comic book covers it's pretty cool.

You sure live in an odd place for not being a fan of snow.

Ken

My first introduction to Syd Shores. Where have you been all my life, big boy? :luhv:

Much thanks to a friend and a friend of a friend for the copy I've got now, which I cherish.

Damonwad, your books are the bomb.

Thanks, and you can never have enough friends and friends of friends with cool comics.

I love this Heath bar room brawl cover for Arizona Kid #2. I count 33 different people and something is going on everywhere you look.

I think I like the bottom area best though, with the guy holding his head in horrified agony, the oblivious drunk and the guy with his head stuck in the bar.

The interior also has 3 Heath stories.

ArizonaKid2_zps5c90e9d8.jpg

I got a gal in Tijuana,

She knows how but she don't wanna.

Randy and Andy and Billy and Bob,

All want Lucy and corn on the cob.

So promenade this cute little chick,

Make those heels go clickity click.

Mingo, bingo, six-penny high.

Big piggy, little piggy, root hog or die.

FirstRomance18fc100_zps4dcc74f0.jpg

BoyLovesGirl50fc100_zpsda6cb83b.jpg

Nice books, and at the opposite ends of the "how to get a gal" spectrum.

I especially like the Boy Loves Girl cover (minus the Rusty Draper photo).

Where is "I got a gal in Tijuana" from.

All I can think of is Jan and Dean's "Little Old Lady From Tijuana".

One of my favorite Maneely western covers, even with the horse crawling up the cliff.

It's the only comic in my collection with tape on it (upper left), but it was just too pretty to pass up.

OutlawFighters2_zpsdc96a15e.jpg

One of my faves as well.

One of my favorite Maneely western covers, even with the horse crawling up the cliff.

It's the only comic in my collection with tape on it (upper left), but it was just too pretty to pass up.

OutlawFighters2_zpsdc96a15e.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause:

mm