• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Some of you have wondered why I've been selling so many of my Atlas books lately. It's just that I had an opportunity to pick up a few in really nice shape that I'd always liked. I don't want anyone to think I've just been pimping them up just to lay them down..... so here's the first one that I've managed to pay off ...... I suppose you can say I always went for "ghouls who are a little on the slim side :insane: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

Fab cover , nice copy Jim! I have never seen that cover before, or at least, no recollection of it.

...thanks guys. It's not a real common one. I had a 5.0 which is good enough for most of them, but this is one that I had always wanted in high grade.... never thought I'd find one, though. GOD BLESS...

BOOM Nice book Jim, tough, tough book, pedigree, amazing cover...home run.

Edited by Johnny545

Some of you have wondered why I've been selling so many of my Atlas books lately. It's just that I had an opportunity to pick up a few in really nice shape that I'd always liked. I don't want anyone to think I've just been pimping them up just to lay them down..... so here's the first one that I've managed to pay off ...... I suppose you can say I always went for "ghouls who are a little on the slim side :insane: GOD BLESS...

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

Fab cover , nice copy Jim! I have never seen that cover before, or at least, no recollection of it.

...thanks guys. It's not a real common one. I had a 5.0 which is good enough for most of them, but this is one that I had always wanted in high grade.... never thought I'd find one, though. GOD BLESS...

BOOM Nice book Jim, touch, touch book, pedigree, amazing cover...home run.

.... always up for INPUT from Johnny 5........GOD BLESS...

....now we gotta turn up an AIWW 22 for you............ hey, I just got my first contributor credit on www.atlastales.com .... my name in lights, I'm a legend in my own mind :cloud9:

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

BOOM Nice book Jim, touch, touch book, pedigree, amazing cover...home run.

.... always up for INPUT from Johnny 5........GOD BLESS...

....now we gotta turn up an AIWW 22 for you............ hey, I just got my first contributor credit on www.atlastales.com .... my name in lights, I'm a legend in my own mind :cloud9:

Congrats on the contributor credit.

Thats a fact on the AIWW 22, 416 views and not one person has one they want to pass on...saddened, shocked, dismayed, but the hunt continues!

Great book, Jim! Congrats!! :)

Awesome cover (Burgos?).

That's the concensus..... and for a fella that started out as an Everett snob, I've really come to like many of Burgos covers. Spellbound 13 and Marvel Tales 113 are two others that I particularly like. GOD BLESS...

I love Atlas..... period. Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red.......I'd probably like a Fuschia one if there was such a thing..... GOD BLESS...

Fuschia - that's a DC color, deemed oddly appropriate for war books in particular. What impresses me about the coloring on Atlas/early Marvel books, is the ability to make even murky brown backgrounds look cool, but the most striking Atlas bg color is probably sunburst orange ( a favorite on Westerns)

When Burgos was good he was great, but unfortunately I find the bulk of his covers uninteresting. On the plus side it just makes his more stellar achievements stand out more.

Color is one of the things that first drew me to Atlas. Many of the darker ones have very subtle interplay between several colors..... almost like the abalone found inside shells. Venus 19 is like this..... but I, Too, love the sunbursts. GOD BLESS...

I love Atlas..... period. Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red.......I'd probably like a Fuschia one if there was such a thing..... GOD BLESS...

Fuschia - that's a DC color, deemed oddly appropriate for war books in particular. What impresses me about the coloring on Atlas/early Marvel books, is the ability to make even murky brown backgrounds look cool, but the most striking Atlas bg color is probably sunburst orange ( a favorite on Westerns)

When Burgos was good he was great, but unfortunately I find the bulk of his covers uninteresting. On the plus side it just makes his more stellar achievements stand out more.

Atlas also used pink for their war books like with Men's Adv 18 and 20 and Battle Action 8.

Atlas also used pink for their war books like with Men's Adv 18 and 20 and Battle Action 8.

Those are more red with a band of pink though, and MA #20 can go straight from red to orange depending on the copy.

I'm going to post some books from the recently unearthed New Brunswick collection, just in time for Hallowe'en.

mystic28.jpg

advintoweirdworlds29.jpg

menace2.jpg

...fond memories of Menace 2..... I think it was the first Atlas PCH that I bought to keep.... so long ago I didn't even know all the titles to the Atlas horrors yet. Under rated cover IMHO ....... ATLAS Green :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

I'm going to post some books from the recently unearthed New Brunswick collection, just in time for Hallowe'en.

mystic28.jpg

advintoweirdworlds29.jpg

menace2.jpg

What a great group of books. It goes without saying that Bill Everett was one of the best and the cover to Menace 2 clearly illustrates this. But I am particularly fond of the cover to Mystic 28 by Joe Maneely!

:cloud9:

mystic28.jpg

advintoweirdworlds29.jpg

menace2.jpg

What a great group of books. It goes without saying that Bill Everett was one of the best and the cover to Menace 2 clearly illustrates this. But I am particularly fond of the cover to Mystic 28 by Joe Maneely!

:cloud9:

It does kind of *ahem* GRAB you......GOD BLESS...