• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

What would guys say are the hottest moderns out right now. My Top 10 would consist of

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Enormous, almost all of the covers and issues

Wolverine 1,2,3 Months to Die or 8,9,10,11,12

Big Hero 6 1 / Alpha Flight 17

Rat Queens complete sets

Manifest Destiny complete sets

what else ?

I'm certainly surprised that EOSV #2 has been so high for so long. Interesting twist on known characters and a super-cool costume must go a long way.

btw - I haven't read EOSV1, but in #2 there's a 'previously' panel with Spider-Gwen - is that not the first appearance? Cameo? Daydream? (shrug)

hm

What would guys say are the hottest moderns out right now. My Top 10 would consist of

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

I'm certainly surprised that EOSV #2 has been so high for so long. Interesting twist on known characters and a super-cool costume must go a long way.

btw - I haven't read EOSV1, but in #2 there's a 'previously' panel with Spider-Gwen - is that not the first appearance? Cameo? Daydream? (shrug)

Are you referring to the Deadpool/Hawkeye book?

Since the other thread has passed on, it's only suitable to have a successor.

The purpose of this thread is to share information within this community, on which modern books are doing well, and getting hot, on eBay.

I'm very out of the loop with the moderns, but I will continuously check back with this thread, so I can have a better understanding of the current market.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. (worship)

Andy

Incredible Hulk #449 :)

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

Are you referring to the Deadpool/Hawkeye book?

NVM.. I just Googled it. The sequence in the book labeled 'Previously' was a flashback. I haven't been following Edge of Spider-Verse and was questioning if this book was in fact a first appearance for Gwen as Spider-Woman; it appears that it is.

Since the other thread has passed on, it's only suitable to have a successor.

The purpose of this thread is to share information within this community, on which modern books are doing well, and getting hot, on eBay.

I'm very out of the loop with the moderns, but I will continuously check back with this thread, so I can have a better understanding of the current market.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. (worship)

Andy

Incredible Hulk #449 :)

I picked up a couple of those like 6 months back. Thanks for the heads up (thumbs u

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

I'm surprised as well. A 1:25 variant ratio makes it a pretty common book, and the idea is so obviously "high concept" and "made for cosplay" that it isn't one of those issues that "sneaks up on the market" so to speak. The artwork is nothing to write home about either. Maybe I'm missing something. hm

-J.

Looking to move a few books to prepare for a move. You guys holding Manifest Destiny #1 Ottley's?

I just have a feeling they might pop one more time....

I'm holding one sketch #1 and one Ottley #1

Also quite a few #4s

Looking to move a few books to prepare for a move. You guys holding Manifest Destiny #1 Ottley's?

I just have a feeling they might pop one more time....

I'm holding one sketch #1 and one Ottley #1

Also quite a few #4s

I kept 4 Ottley covers and some sets. I also kept some sets. This was one of the better buys of late last year. :banana:

Does anyone buy the Harley Quinn's for any reason other than the cover? That's why I pick them up, it's absolutely unreadable

Not even sure many are getting them for the covers.

More likely the hope of future value due to the 1st volume.

The writing is beyond trash. Awful storylines.

Patrick

Does anyone buy the Harley Quinn's for any reason other than the cover? That's why I pick them up, it's absolutely unreadable

I liked this series up until issue 1. Seriously, I enjoyed issue 0, but it was just all downhill from there. I'm pretty much just picking them up now since they are always sold out and a lot of them do have awesome covers (The Hughes and second print variants of issue 1 are killer as well as the bombshell of 7, among others). But I agree, the series is BAD.