• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

where will your store be at and what are you talking about possibly having to sell

FG Original art, 9.9s, maybe my ashcan

Store will be in Clearwater FL

If I may offer you some advice being a business owner myself and in fact I own a few different businesses... Don't put one foot in. If you are even contemplating needing to sell some stuff then you need to sell some stuff. Knuckle down and grind otherwise you are leaving things to chance and in business that is never the way to go. Collectables can be fun, bring you pleasure and make you some money if you wish....but simply can not compare to what a healthy business can bring you.

Just my .02

Edited by VEI Reborn

Great advice VEI. I've also owned several businesses including food distributor, restaurants, etc... I've just started a comic store here in Littleton, co and having more fun than any other businesses I have ever owned. It doesn't make the money that I would like to make right now, but the stress level is very low. That is a BIG plus.

If you decide to start a business, you DO need to dive in fully. I've seen too many people trying to start a business part time and either failed or lose interests.

I'm definitely going in it full force. I don't just want to be a little comic shop. I want to be a destination for collectors. But I also dont plan to litter my shop with things that just sit and collect dust.

And by the way, What did everyone think of today's issue. I loved the start of this arc.

Found pics on eBay

43734528-14F5-4079-9071-003E20943E2E.jpg

I picked up (3) of the blank covers at my local Midtown Comics. Not sure if they're limited number made considering my shop is a big comic vendor and they didn't have many blank covers available. Anyone know the numbers for the blank cover?

Edited by JasonDaTwit

Found pics on eBay

43734528-14F5-4079-9071-003E20943E2E.jpg

I picked up (3) of the blank covers at my local Midtown Comics. Not sure if they're limited number made considering my shop is a big comic vendor and they didn't have many blank covers available. Anyone know the numbers for the blank cover?

Grabbed 7 blanks at midtown, only 2 blanks left on the shelf.

:applause: I can't wait for this; love that they're staying true to the comic book content. This one will be interesting and if done right, should be a hit!

so glad I picked up the five ghost # 1 2nd printing...

:shrug:

I got some mixed feels. I love Five Ghosts. I'm excited to see it to be on the fast track.

:wishluck: they have a young Bruce Campbell play Fabian.

However, Ronin & Letter 44 were picked up by SyFy (NBC Universal) too. And there's limited news in those fronts. So much so, I fear that Dark Matter is taking the place of Letter 44.

Congrats Frank and Chris. You deserve more acclaim and I hope FG is a success on all fronts.

I'm hoping Frank leaks some casting info. asap....(or at least a list of hopefuls).

Maybe Frank can even pull some strings to let some deserving five ghosts fans get a 'cameo' background appearance as a set extra. :baiting:

I did a small con over the weekend and had some of my OA on display and many people were asking who is was from. Many had not even heard of Five Ghosts. I wish there was some way to get more people to notice this series, although I think the TV show and the more media exposure that goes along with it will definitely change that.

Hell, look at how many people didn't know walking dead was a comic 2-3 years after the series had started.

I did a small con over the weekend and had some of my OA on display and many people were asking who is was from. Many had not even heard of Five Ghosts. I wish there was some way to get more people to notice this series, although I think the TV show and the more media exposure that goes along with it will definitely change that.

Hell, look at how many people didn't know walking dead was a comic 2-3 years after the series had started.

I believe I have heard there will be more marketing and / or merch to go along with all of the tv news this year so I think it'll be getting more eyes drawn to the series.

Ummm, I'm that guy. I didn't start collecting again until Aug 2013 so I was WAY behind the 8-ball. The only early-ish issues I have are #7, 9, 49, 50, 52, 53, 61 (incoming), 69, 71, then quite a few from 93-105 and the rest of the run from 107-current.

Congrats to those who got in from the start or early on!

(talking about TWD of course)

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58