• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

I know NBC is going to find a way to *spoon* this up, but man I am still stoked for October 24th...

I think Constantine will be the best one of the Gotham, Agents of Shield,Arrow and Flash shows.

Just looks cooler.

(thumbs u

So Constantine is Welsh now?

Who knew... :facepalm:

Yes, it's an absolute outrage. What will they think of next - pick a Brit to play Superman???

Oh, wait :baiting:

But Ryan is playing it as Welsh, whereas Superman was never played as a Brit.

Constantine's upbringing is clear - and important - and he hailed from Liverpool, not Cardiff.

It would be like Batman being played as good ole boy, to put that difference into context.

Interesting. I really can`t picture Bruce Wayne with a southern accent. So I get your point.

The thing is I doubt many of the TV audience will understand what your getting at.

Hollywood is known to change things around for a mainstream audience.

Why they decided to make him Welsh should be asked, so we get the answer.

I know NBC is going to find a way to *spoon* this up, but man I am still stoked for October 24th...

I think Constantine will be the best one of the Gotham, Agents of Shield,Arrow and Flash shows.

Just looks cooler.

Not sure. It is going to cover the same ground as Supernatural but probably be nowhere near as good.

Just looks cooler.

Not sure. It is going to cover the same ground as Supernatural but probably be nowhere near as good.

I gather you like Supernatural. :) Is it really that good? I must confess I have never really watched it, so where should I start?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just looks cooler.

I gather you like Supernatural. :) Is it really that good? I must confess I have never really watched it, so where should I start?

Start with episode 1, season 1. :baiting:

Just looks cooler.

Start with episode 1, season 1. :baiting:

Can I Netflix it?

;)

Papa Midnite will appear in the third episode.

Title & Synopsis For CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 3: 'Papa Midnite' Debuts

-----------------

The third episode of NBC's Constantine is titled "The Devil's Vinyl", and features the first TV appearance (the character was played by Djimon Hounsou in the 2005 Constantine movie) of Papa Midnite, who'll be played by Michael James Shaw.

-----------------

Just looks cooler.

(thumbs u

the critics thinks it's, by far, the worst

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/constantine-2014

Edited by paperheart

Just looks cooler.

(thumbs u

the critics thinks it's, by far, the worst

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/constantine-2014

Ahhhh. It is based on the pilot, as nobody outside of the creative crew has reviewed the second episode.

TV review: 'Constantine’ needs work but has promise

Even this mixed review makes it clear it is all based on just the pilot. So maybe - hopefully - it gets better from there.

:wishluck:

IGN's review and in a way a compliment that the show dropped the original sidekick/partner.

Constantine: "Non Est Asylum" Review

-----------------------

Once Constantine learns to embrace some of the actual terror of the tale, I feel like it'll stand on really solid ground. The CW's Supernatural of course springs to mind as a show that's done a great job with demons and angels - though it's also had plenty of other types of creatures and monsters to help it along to ten seasons.

Unfortunately, mystical heroes come with a lot of ground rules that need to be covered and that's mostly what this first episode did. It was like a Constantine primer of sorts. It was fun and fast, and Matt Ryan feels like he'll be a great lead, but things whizzed by too quick for any of the scares to land. Very exposition heavy. But I still liked everything I saw and want to keep watching.

-----------------------

Hopefully, this calls out enough of what the show creators need to set their course right.

Folks are too hard on 'origin' episodes. I didn't really dig Gotham that much until the most recent episode. Things take a bit of time to mature and develop.

I'm eager to see how Constantine shapes up. :)

Folks are too hard on 'origin' episodes. I didn't really dig Gotham that much until the most recent episode. Things take a bit of time to mature and develop.

I'm eager to see how Constantine shapes up. :)

well said