• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I have to say I like what they're doing with this show - much, much improved.

There are some nice tie-ins throughout the story, and it kept me on the edge of my seat a few times. And Adrianne Palicki's Mockingbird was a lot of fun. She really drew your attention. Wow, I'm wondering if maybe she might have been a great (TV) Wonder Woman if the story had been written better. But that chapter is closed.

I think she would have been great, but that pilot was badly written.

That's what I heard. Her fight scenes last night were excellent.

She moves pretty well for such a big gal. Very Amazonian.

The leak of the Ultron trailer is really going to hurt the ratings for next week - I'm sure they were expecting to drum up more viewers because the trailer was teased at the end of the last episode.

The leak of the Ultron trailer is really going to hurt the ratings for next week - I'm sure they were expecting to drum up more viewers because the trailer was teased at the end of the last episode.

it might add less extra people, its certainly not going to take any away. Also, the one after it might be the full SDCC with the hammer lifting scene. its yet to be known if it will be the exact one currently on youtube

Looks like you are right!

More 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage to Air During Next 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D'

https://games.yahoo.com/news/more-avengers-age-ultron-footage-195200317.html

The official one that Marvel released was actually a few seconds longer. I think the difference was a few more seconds of the Hulk/Hulkbuster scene.

There are some nice tie-ins throughout the story, and it kept me on the edge of my seat a few times. And Adrianne Palicki's Mockingbird was a lot of fun. She really drew your attention. Wow, I'm wondering if maybe she might have been a great (TV) Wonder Woman if the story had been written better. But that chapter is closed.

Mockingbird was a breath of fresh air the show needed! Already I find her the most interesting character.

Every time I am about to give up on the show it brings me back in.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Mockingbird was a breath of fresh hair the show needed! Already I find her the most interesting character.

+1. She's a long-standing (albeit intermittently used) character from the Marvel Universe, and after a full season plus a few more episodes, they finally got one right. The way the character "came to the rescue" and bailed out Simmons in the Hydra corporate offices, that's how it should be done. Contrast with Deathlok which was a real missed opportunity.

Mockingbird was a breath of fresh hair the show needed! Already I find her the most interesting character.

qft!! a breath of fresh air indeed, but is it, too little too late>??

It says something about a show when a character 'guest appearance' is the most interesting.

I'm ok with the show, but it would be a lot better without Sky. Even the Wonder Twins have grown on me. I love May, Ward is OK, but Sky is just a bad actress or her part is terrible, I can't decide which.

My husband loves Bobbi, he usually gets a kick out of 4'11" bad women with huge plastic guns (he says they must be plastic, as they'd weigh more than the characters) but he seems to think 5'11" is ok, too.

Now I can't watch it myself anymore, lol.

Agent Coulson

AgentCoulson.jpgCoulson.JPG

Coulson appears in another comic before those... :whistle:

not the right thread for that debate probably, but are you refering to non-616 stuff? I remember this debate from a few years back and i wasnt buying into ret-conned or non-616 claims.

Agent Coulson

AgentCoulson.jpgCoulson.JPG

Coulson appears in another comic before those... :whistle:

not the right thread for that debate probably, but are you refering to non-616 stuff? I remember this debate from a few years back and i wasnt buying into ret-conned or non-616 claims.

You might not be buying into the non-616 stuff, but the greater market at large probably will when they catch up to the fact that Coulson's first appearance ever in comics is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. Batman Adventures #12 is set in the Animated Universe and not the main DCU and yet collectors still made that the most coveted issue since it was Harley's first comic appearance in any capacity. The timeline of early Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot, Cinematic Universe - February 2009:

15635955782_bd8a4d96d0_c.jpg

Page where he first appears:

15449132717_6f036f12a6_c.jpg

Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one shot, Cinematic Universe, first cover appearance: November 2010

15632437731_5aae9636d4_c.jpg

Battle Scars #1, first 616 appearance, although not referred to as Agent Coulson until Battle Scars #6 - November 2011

15014359054_14095edc7c_c.jpg

This is going to sound like a stuck up thing to write, and if the collecting is solely for you, please forgive the question: who cares about coulson? I mean Nick Fury was awesome from day 1, Coulson was a paper pusher from day one. He's fine, but a modern-age superhero accountant.

This is going to sound like a stuck up thing to write, and if the collecting is solely for you, please forgive the question: who cares about coulson? I mean Nick Fury was awesome from day 1, Coulson was a paper pusher from day one. He's fine, but a modern-age superhero accountant.

Nonetheless, he's the "star" of a major TV show loosely set in the comic world, and lately that's all that's needed to push the price of a first appearance book to ridiculous levels.

i've seen it before, I'll stick with 616 versions of characters. I was part of this debate when it first surfaced, I'm still in the different person same name camp.

Edited by CBT

Sorry, but I find watching Palicki's delivery of lines painful. Seems forced and wooden. Maybe it's just me. Anybody else notice the color green when Skye's father is in a scene? Is he a defrocked Accuser? Or maybe a Skrull stuck in human form?

That`s one of the things wrong with show. Coulson is not that exciting a leading character. That`s not saying much for the rest of the agents because he is the most interesting out of the lot. Imagine how cool this show would have been if it was actually

Nick_Fury,_Agent_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_2_1.jpg

or

f6e745e6452b0ce098d3bbb07b585eac.jpg