• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Yeah, it was a good weekend... I found each comic at a different location... Roughly 30 miles apart... Saturday and Sunday I was in treasure hunting mode from 7am to 4pm... It paid off...

CE814zV.jpg?1

I also found this one on Sunday, but it's the worst out of the group... I'd really like one in VF/NM 9-9.8

Well after a long weekend work trip and very little sleep I raided a collection before I came back home.

140i39v.jpg

What grade is that action 368 and Hulk 271 in? I know a guy who knows a guy who is looking...... (Its me)

Not sure what I am selling out of this lot yet. Will let ya know when I do.

Edited by Shadow Images

Had to venture into one of those creepy old storm cellers for these the other day...after the seller disappeared down there and said "Come on down"

I was impressed with how calmly my thoughts turned to "Huh. So THIS is how I'm going to die? Interesting." Turned out to be a great guy and spent a while over there. But thankfully, you know, not the rest of my life. Ah the things we do for comics! (thumbs u

imagejpg1-7.jpg

Had to venture into one of those creepy old storm cellers for these the other day...after the seller disappeared down there and said "Come on down"

I was impressed with how calmly my thoughts turned to "Huh. So THIS is how I'm going to die? Interesting." Turned out to be a great guy and spent a while over there. But thankfully, you know, not the rest of my life. Ah the things we do for comics! (thumbs u

imagejpg1-7.jpg

Good job! At least he didn't stand by the door and gesture for you to go in on your own. :eek:

This thread has deviated from its title and into more of a "Show what I found somewhere (craiglist,collector,etc.)."

yep -

I would say it keeps random finds into one area - not a bad thing - otherwise there would be many similar thread variants for books "found in the wild"

This thread has deviated from its title and into more of a "Show what I found somewhere (craiglist,collector,etc.)."

yep -

I would say it keeps random finds into one area - not a bad thing - otherwise there would be many similar thread variants for books "found in the wild"

As the OP of this thread, I've both contributed and also sat back and watched as this thread, amazingly, has grown immensely over the 5+ years it's been on here. As Transplant and other people have noted as of late, this thread's original purpose was to highlight finds at garage sales, flea markets and antique malls...basically, the start from scratch treasure hunt methods. However, in the 1st paragraph of my original post on page 1, I did say "I find comics other ways (eBay, the boards, online auctions, etc.) but my anticipation always seems to be higher with the old manual foot search methods."

So I believe that even if it's a craigslist find or digging through dollar boxes at a place like a Vintage Stock, a Hastings store or even your local comic shop, if you think it's noteworthy go ahead and post away. In all of these cases you're still having to go out and perform the manual foot search and you never know what you're going to find. The anticipation is always still there even though it's probably not near as much as a garage sale, flea market or antique mall. We all like to see great comic/comic related buys and a lot of what's posted keeps us intrigued as to what might still be out there. hm

I also think it's best to keep these type finds in one thread. So post away! :banana:

yep -

As the OP of this thread, I've both contributed and also sat back and watched as this thread, amazingly, has grown immensely over the 5+ years it's been on here. As Transplant and other people have noted as of late, this thread's original purpose was to highlight finds at garage sales, flea markets and antique malls...basically, the start from scratch treasure hunt methods. However, in the 1st paragraph of my original post on page 1, I did say "I find comics other ways (eBay, the boards, online auctions, etc.) but my anticipation always seems to be higher with the old manual foot search methods."

So I believe that even if it's a craigslist find or digging through dollar boxes at a place like a Vintage Stock, a Hastings store or even your local comic shop, if you think it's noteworthy go ahead and post away. In all of these cases you're still having to go out and perform the manual foot search and you never know what you're going to find. The anticipation is always still there even though it's probably not near as much as a garage sale, flea market or antique mall. We all like to see great comic/comic related buys and a lot of what's posted keeps us intrigued as to what might still be out there. hm

I also think it's best to keep these type finds in one thread. So post away! :banana:

Good stuff! I love this thread! Its my favorite on the boards.