• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

So...I take it it's better than the 1990 version so far?

All I remember is that John Wesley Shipp looked like The Flash in costume, and that Mark Hammil played The Trickster.

Not better at all IMO

That said, give it time as the villains may very well end up way cooler on the whole

I dunno...have you watched the '90 series recently? It's pretty heavily dated. I of course own it on disc! :)

Yeah that guy is the Reverse-Flash IMO (the cop is a red herring)

I think so(pretty clever too.) It's cool that they have changed things up enough so that current fans aren't sure exactly what's coming.

Then the real shocker will be when we find out

Eddie is Barry's twin brother

I hope not. Cobalt Blue was such a bad idea.

I wanted a little more action then we got, but I liked it just the same. I just wish he would not just stand there and let things get to him when he could easily dash out of the way - like when the Mist gassed him. I guess that's what a little more experience with how he can use his powers will bring. And what's up with these obscure villains from the GA? I'm going to watch it again though, I had too many distractions last night.

I wanted a little more action then we got, but I liked it just the same. I just wish he would not just stand there and let things get to him when he could easily dash out of the way - like when the Mist gassed him. I guess that's what a little more experience with how he can use his powers will bring. And what's up with these obscure villains from the GA? I'm going to watch it again though, I had too many distractions last night.

I wouldn't call The Mist obscure. He and his daughter were featured prominently in the 1990s Starman series.

And what's wrong with obscure GA villains, anyway? :preach:

You're right - I forgot my son told me. I was out of comics for years missed a lot of the resurrections of GA characters. Not a bad thing, I was just wondering why the second installment but maybe they're saving the rogues for later. Speaking of GA characters, I wonder when we'll see Wildcat training the new Black Canary. My DVR clipped the coming attractions so maybe soon.

This show could be great if Flash wasnt a HS kid basically.

Barry Allan he is not.

Another EMO show. zzz

Him being quite young is partly why the show is so good.

He has so much to learn, and they show him learning. They show him stumble and fall, pick himself up and learn from the experience. Best of all, he is so smart that he is able to figure out what he is learning, which is very cool.

This is partly what makes it so compelling, and also why the show may have some longevity, because they can show him struggle and go through various life lessons, in addition to showing him deal with all kinds of villains, etc. (and often these two things are intertwined). Some of those lessons are, by the way, not just those of a younger person, but what any human being can/does go through.

Ok, so Simon Stagg gets murdered last week and this week there is no mention of it at all. You'd think with such a high profile businessman offed and since a majority of the show involves a law enforcement detective and a crime lab for crying out loud, there would at least be some commotion about it, but no, this just gets swept under the rug and ignored in the very next episode???

Edited by Jaylam

The pet peeve of mine is that for 2 episodes in a row people punch Barry at normal speed and he can't dodge it, but then he can easily dodge bullets right after.

I agree with you. I'm waiting to see him really use his super-speed powers to do some tricky things, not just run away or around things. The last Avenger's movie had a scene with Quicksilver that so far was better than anything I've seen so far in the Flash. I'm a big fan, but I'm really getting antsy. I want to see him start to really use all of the powers efficiently.

But like I myself have said, we need to give it time. :wishluck:

The pet peeve of mine is that for 2 episodes in a row people punch Barry at normal speed and he can't dodge it, but then he can easily dodge bullets right after.

There's a lot I don't dig about the show but I really want to love it.

I think one great thing about the show is that they seem to really moving their story along at a good speed from episode to episode. Doesn't appear that they plan on stagnating. If the wheelchair guy is Zoom, and they fight like we know they will (from set pictures posted online), maybe he'll reveal himself out of costume and leave the Star labs team. If the chick is Killer Frost maybe she leaves also. I like this idea as it makes this team leaner and meaner. Bringing back Amanda Pays might serve as a substitute for at least those 2 leaving (love the idea of bringing her back).

If this season is around 22 episodes I can easily see a big rogues gallery team up in season 1.

It might be cool to see Eddie killed off to make room for a Barry and Iris love interest but I don't know if they'll ever decide to pair those 2 unfortunately (unless the show runs for a long while).

Oh I am certain this will be a long drawn out thing ala Clark and Lana from Smallville. CW can't resist doing it.

That's so easy to explain that I didn't even bother dwelling on it when I watched it.

He's still getting used to his new circumstances - including both the fact that he is facing off criminals (which he is not used to, and therefore not anticipating their violent moves) as well as the fact that he is getting used to his superpowers and how and when he can/should use them.