• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Gotham I think is decent. The actor playing Cobblepot is the stand-out performer IMHO. There is a bit of corn going on, but so far, I kind of like the show. Does it compare to GoT or Boardwalk Empire?? Hell no, but that is to be expected as HBO has raised the bar to unattainable levels for prime-time shows on mainstream channels as well I think.

Flash== not so good to me.

Arrow==I have only watched the pilot so no response on that one yet.

well, sure there are some Falcone specific pointers she could learn, and the girl is young… but Im sure she already has her ways of getting what she wants.

In this case she is being molded into a very specific instrument. Falcone probably gets plent of women. This one needs to stand out and get close.

well, sure there are some Falcone specific pointers she could learn, and the girl is young but Im sure she already has her ways of getting what she wants.

In this case she is being molded into a very specific instrument. Falcone probably gets plent of women. This one needs to stand out and get close.

I agree. Its more than just an assassination. She wants to break him down, get him sloppy and distracted while Fish makes moves. A simple assassination would probably just result in a power vacuum filled by Marroney.

Yes they are watchable, these shows hold me over for TWD, game of thrones true detective. They are corny but fun. And sons of anarchy I can't watch it anymore. Stuff has gotten too out of control in charming lol

Walking Dead makes me nervous to watch, like the Sopranos. Its uncomfortable to watch knowing bd stuff is coming all the time. But its a "good" nervous, that Im so involved in the story and characters... I want them to find peace and not always have the next big threat come along like clockwork. But the peaceful episodes are boring too, and only serve to set up the surprise invasion of violence, like poor Bob last week.

Im really enjoying Boardwalk this season. It must be the wrapping up of all the character threads, and because its no longer just a 12 episode battle against the season's big villain.

Edited by aman619

well, sure there are some Falcone specific pointers she could learn, and the girl is young… but Im sure she already has her ways of getting what she wants.

The way it was done was innocent, and Falcone is choosing to communicate with the girl rather than the girl approaching him. If it was the girl initiating Falcone would be far more guarded and suspicious knowing his enemies are after him. That she is very attractive is the cherry on top.

The way it was done was innocent, and Falcone is choosing to communicate with the girl rather than the girl approaching him. If it was the girl initiating Falcone would be far more guarded and suspicious knowing his enemies are after him. That she is very attractive is the cherry on top.

She's probably being modeled after an old flame of his. That's why her hair colour was changed and specific behavioral patterns were learned.

Us men are so easy to play! lol

Just watched the fifth episode. Although corny at certain spots that I wish it wasn't, it certainly isn't as bad as I expected from some of the writeups here.

I had an issue with the ending though.

Falcone is a very guarded man. But he sees this young lady humming his favorite song and he melts like butter?

That I don't see happening. He is supposed to be too wise for this. Unless he is playing her, knowing what is going on.

that's not even my trouble with it, it's more the fact that a big mob boss is feeding birds with no bodyguards around or near him. beside that it was a good episode.

Edited by kagenish

that's not even my trouble with it, it's more the fact that a big mob boss is feeding birds with no bodyguards around or near him. beside that it was a good episode.

Maybe they were there, and tells them to keep their distance so he feels average from time to time.

(shrug)

Just curious. For those of you touting Game of Thrones, have you read all of the books?

While I appreciate GoT the show as a stand alone enterprise, I often find some of the changes they've made unnecessary and given the depth of the novels, feel some of the show has been a bit rushed.

Now that's just dealing with a few novels, not trying to wade through DC's convoluted history! lol

I think Gotham's struggles come down to trying to cater to a broad audience. The show runners are trying to balance the line between Nolan and Schumacher and unfortunately lean towards the Schumacher side far too often.

I think I'm still on Episode 3 but enjoying the series thus far. Did anyone see "The Shadow" reference on the Balloon Man episode? I love how the actual "Gotham" environment is literally a tragedy parade right in front of us. I agree with others that there's a bit of "searching" and the show is a bit dancing in places but I suspect it will focus by season 2.

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.

Exactly. These superhero TV shows are like the superhero movies. Does Avengers or Iron Man 3 come close to the level of a movie like The Godfather? No, it is just a fun movie. Just like these superhero TV shows.

Expecting a superhero TV show to be like Breaking Bad is just :insane: We don't expect it of the superhero movies, so why do we expect it from the superhero TV shows? (shrug)