• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Was able to snag some cap #34 normal covers today for $3 each from the LCS

Yeah those things are everywhere...for now.

Yeah we had this discussion a few months back. The print run is healthy as well, but when I started buying them a few months ago I had np finding them. Now its getting harder.

Stocked up (quite healthily) on both covers at C2E2 this year for $1 each.

(And there were still many copies I didn't buy.)

I have 30 of those books that I have been buying for months now. :whee:

Why chase #34?

Falcon ( Anthony Mackie) is going to be the new Captain America in the Movie Universe, NOT Bucky ( Sebastian Stan )

Where did you get this information from?

Yeah we had this discussion a few months back. The print run is healthy as well, but when I started buying them a few months ago I had np finding them. Now its getting harder.

Why chase #34?

Falcon ( Anthony Mackie) is going to be the new Captain America in the Movie Universe, NOT Bucky ( Sebastian Stan )

Where did you get this information from?

Some guy just came in the shop to sell Pokemon cards.

He told me.

Seemed credible....

Why chase #34?

So you think with Sebastian Stan still having 7 movies in his contract, they are going to make Anthony Mackie the new Captain America? Right... :eyeroll:

Why chase #34?

So you think with Sebastian Stan still having 7 movies in his contract, they are going to make Anthony Mackie the new Captain America? Right... :eyeroll:

Why would the Pokemon guy lie?!

Care to place a wager?

DM

I'll be your Huckleberry....

There's a back issue Pokemon card market?!?

Not here buddy,

I was simply taunting.( I do that sometimes )

On a recent Marvel conference call it was cited that a tight synergy between the comics & movie universe was in the works.

Falcon is Cap in the comics.

I'm speculating he'll be Cap in the movies too...

Or something...

Not here buddy,

On a recent Marvel conference call it was cited that a tight synergy between the comics & movie universe was in the works.

Or something...

And I would counter-speculate that for better or worse, it would not make financial sense for Marvel to make Captain America black in a movie, unless its Denzel or Will Smith.

Not here buddy,

Or something...

And I would counter-speculate that for better or worse, it would not make financial sense for Marvel to make Captain America black in a movie, unless its Denzel or Will Smith.

!?!

Okee dokee...

Not here buddy,

Or something...

Yeah...Marvel would NEVER do that!

Does Samuel L Jackson count...?!?

Not here buddy,

Or something...

Yeah...Marvel would NEVER do that!

Does Samuel L Jackson count...?!?

If you think that changing the race of Nick Fury or even Human Torch is even remotely the same as changing race of Captain America from a movie marketing persepective...well you're wrong. Too iconic, too many people would be against it (although not me!), too many people value 'whiteness' as integral to the representation of 'America' (and that character), both domestically and internationally. I just don't have as much faith in America, or the world market at large. There would be a large financial dip, to the point where it just wouldn't be worth it to risk it, UNLESS the star power of the actor were great enough to overcome those perceptions.

Very different from Fantastic Four, which is far less well known INTERNATIONALLY to begin with, and the core of the book is about science and family, not "America", and the Human Torch spends most of his time ON FIRE.

Uhhhhmmmm.......

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

I'm just saying that race can be a factor in what movies get made and who gets cast. And that sometimes that race has to do with the specific character or story, sometimes with marketing, and sometimes both. Its not always that way, but I think in terms of a Captain America movie, it would play a factor.

Not here buddy,

Or something...

Carl Weathers.

Edited by MrWeen

Batman and Red Robin #19

I thought this was a winner last year. This book has the first New 52 Carrie Kelley appearance. If she is the Robin in Batman vs Superman, BIG winner.

Thanks I picked up some last years from your post. Just have to rem which box it is in now.