• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,275 posts in this topic

I notice that there aren't a lot of examples of the Atlas group in Marty Mann's collection for example. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't remember seeing too many on the newsstand...but this was the early '50's

and I had begun to taper off my collecting.

mm

I notice that there aren't a lot of examples of the Atlas group in Marty Mann's collection for example. GOD BLESS....

I don't remember seeing too many on the newsstand...but this was the early '50's

mm

....thanks for taking the time to share that mm...... GOD BLESS....

mm

....thanks for taking the time to share that mm...... GOD BLESS....

Thank you for mentioning my collection.

mm

Your collection is such a good indicator of what a comic buyer of the time was purchasing. We're very lucky to have you here. I've always wondered if some areas didn't carry or display Goodman's line... as so much of it was rather mature in nature. GOD BLESS...

Your collection is such a good indicator of what a comic buyer of the time was purchasing. We're very lucky to have you here. I've always wondered if some areas didn't carry or display Goodman's line... as so much of it was rather mature in nature. GOD BLESS...

Thank you for your kind words! I truly enjoy sharing my collection.

mm

mm

Sounds like you were tapering off when I was just starting, around 1952. :wink:

mm

Sounds like you were tapering off when I was just starting, around 1952. :wink:

Bought my last Golden Age Comic in 1954.

mm

Some of you have wondered why I've been selling so many of my Atlas books lately. It's just that I had an opportunity to pick up a few in really nice shape that I'd always liked. I don't want anyone to think I've just been pimping them up just to lay them down..... so here's the first one that I've managed to pay off ...... I suppose you can say I always went for "ghouls who are a little on the slim side :insane: GOD BLESS...

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

I'm thinking so, it's sure got the Aurora gloss....... but I just can't get my eyes off that shapely blonde :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

There was a Mystic 19 sold in the original Aurora sale. It's listed as a VF but not pictured so it looks like you ended up with it.

There is a fantastic Mort Lawrence story inside it.

Aurora is a pedigree I don't know a whole lot about .....any info on the backstory and such, from your perspective ? GOD BLESS...

Nothing more than is recorded here:

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/pedigrees.php#AURORA

Some of you have wondered why I've been selling so many of my Atlas books lately. It's just that I had an opportunity to pick up a few in really nice shape that I'd always liked. I don't want anyone to think I've just been pimping them up just to lay them down..... so here's the first one that I've managed to pay off ...... I suppose you can say I always went for "ghouls who are a little on the slim side :insane: GOD BLESS...

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

What an amazing copy! :cloud9:

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

Fab cover , nice copy Jim! I have never seen that cover before, or at least, no recollection of it.

1953 goodness......

DSCN0556.jpg

Cool book, Jim (thumbs u

Fab cover , nice copy Jim! I have never seen that cover before, or at least, no recollection of it.

...thanks guys. It's not a real common one. I had a 5.0 which is good enough for most of them, but this is one that I had always wanted in high grade.... never thought I'd find one, though. GOD BLESS...