• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

You know average film-goers are not comic book fans. It could just happen that they really appreciate the film, and fans do not.

Do you know any average film goer that liked the first two films? I've never heard anyone say anything (good or bad) about either one.

The only people that "liked" the movies were fanboys. And even most of them (us :blush: ) didn't like them.

I liked both films, I thought the special effects were great, and it was a dream come true seeing my favorite characters come to life on the big screen.

I've seen both at least ten time(rerun on cable constantly)

Slightly goofy, but still very entertaining IMO

Right. You're a "fanboy". So am I.

I had high hopes for the first one. It was totally disappointing to me. I still haven't even seen the second one. And I sat through the Corman movie.

Non comic people talk about the Nolan Batman's. They talk about the Xmen. None of them talk about the FF.

:hi:

I have both FF movies in my DVD collection. Funny how dollar DVD sales does that for you. For the most part, I enjoyed them.

You know average film-goers are not comic book fans. It could just happen that they really appreciate the film, and fans do not.

Do you know any average film goer that liked the first two films? I've never heard anyone say anything (good or bad) about either one.

The only people that "liked" the movies were fanboys. And even most of them (us :blush: ) didn't like them.

I liked both films, I thought the special effects were great, and it was a dream come true seeing my favorite characters come to life on the big screen.

Right. You're a "fanboy". So am I.

I had high hopes for the first one. It was totally disappointing to me. I still haven't even seen the second one. And I sat through the Corman movie.

Non comic people talk about the Nolan Batman's. They talk about the Xmen. None of them talk about the FF.

:hi:

I have both FF movies in my DVD collection. Funny how dollar DVD sales does that for you. For the most part, I enjoyed them.

Same for me.

I really didn't care for either of them, but I have to admit that the Silver Surfer was very cool in the second one. Enough to make me want to see it again eventually(I only saw when it first came out on Blu-ray).

Saw the first.

That experience was enough to put me off the sequel.

The first was terrible, and the second wasn't any better...except for the Surfer.

Saw the first.

That experience was enough to put me off the sequel.

The first was terrible, and the second wasn't any better...except for the Surfer.

See? Fans just cannot get enough Silver Surfer.

Marvel Studios would do amazing things with him if they could get him back.

Doctor Doom Is An "Anti-Social Programmer" In Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR

------------------

Kebell On Doom's New Origin:

He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

------------------

------------------

He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

------------------

:facepalm:

jiFfM.jpg

4142078-jesus-facepalm1.jpg

when-facepalmnot-enough.jpg

------------------

------------------

BEAT ME TO IT! :frustrated: Even used the same dang link. Curse you Nick von doom! 773.gif

BEAT ME TO IT! :frustrated: Even used the same dang link. Curse you Nick von doom! 773.gif

:sorry:

:gossip: Domashev

You gonna see this movie when it's released? I'd personally hate to give any money in support of this Clusterfudge in the making.

------------------

------------------

Please tell me he's joking. I can't tell.

If not, this is going to be worse than imagined. And a further slap in the face to real fans of the FF.

The only decent reason I can think of to completely re-invent Doom's origins are their marked similarity to Darth Vader. Maybe the studio is concerned that the character might seem unoriginal to an audience not familiar with the comics and their influence on Lucas.

So... I'm starting to think Fox basically just took some movie they were working on and slapped "fantastic four" on it to comply with the Marvel contract and make a FF movie every few years in order to retain the rights. Nothing about this movie screams FF.