• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

Sweet art and nice frame! :D

We got back a commission from Freddie E Williams II and a cel from the original animated series from the framers this week. Don't have time to photo and post at the moment but will post them (amongst other purchases) once we get back from the Armageddon Expo in Melbourne, Australia that's on Sunday (Mr. Eastman will be there!) :banana:

Pic by chance?

I'm not overly concerned, or at least I don't think I need to be. The other books on the census, are all labeled v. 3. But, that is sort of baffling the graders missed that. I know they were having a bi*** of a time trying to figure out which artists to credit for #32(per reliable source) when all you had to do was flip the book open... hm

My #30 is also labeled vol 3 and my #29 is labeled vol 4. Strange...

imagejpg1_zps24f316b4.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5cbd9931.jpg

Edited by Parabellum

My #30 is also labeled vol 3 and my #29 is labeled vol 4. Strange...

I just checked my copies 26 - 32 and all say volume 4

Finally got over to storage and confirmed this too. My books should be here Wednesday, so we'll see.

In other TMNT related news, well related something. Are there any witness' going to SuperMegaFest in MA towards the end of November? I'd have a few subs if so...

Well apart from my ankles and knees coping an absolute hammering from all the standing lining up at the Armageddon Expo (well over 5 hours worth), my wife and I finally managed to meet the lovely Courtney and Kevin Eastman for the first time!

We got some IDW #1 variants signed and bought a few limited edition posters. Unfortunately the bank account had already been drained with flights and travel costs to get to the convention from Brisbane (Queensland) so no original art was bought. He did have the odd piece of volume one there but mostly had more recent cover layout pages from the IDW series, which are still pretty cool. Even then I wasn't able to get any ... *sniff*

It was blast and although we hated the early wake up calls at 5am and sore legs from queues, we would do it all over again!

Pics to come soon which will include the rest of the collection since I've started.

I'll look into it. Are you looking for Eastman or Nash?

Eastman, thanks man. At first, my thoughts were "why the hell do I want a wrestler's sig?", haha. They just added some more guests, I may get all stalkerish with Debbie Gibson...

I had been meaning to ask if there's a witness location program, not re-location(my humor sux this early...), offered by CGC? My Simpson OP is not doing so well :(

one more Talbot...

Sweet Talbot group Peas! I think the year of anticipation has finally come to a close... kudos! Now's where's my jam board pic???

Well apart from my ankles and knees coping an absolute hammering from all the standing lining up at the Armageddon Expo (well over 5 hours worth), my wife and I finally managed to meet the lovely Courtney and Kevin Eastman for the first time!

Cool, glad it was worth the wait. That's Eastman's line for ya...

-------

This just in: My 6 sig TMNT #32 re-graded a 9.8, yeah boyeee...!

And I just got these back:

15431453329_22db7e23a0_z.jpg

15431973288_4ef09b683a.jpg

Edited by sofistocat

Sooo I decided since I was focusing on picking up Eastman & Laird covers through about '89, I figured I'd try and get the 6 Archie '88-'89 covers they did as well since the Archie comics were the first Turtles comics I ever picked up as a kid. Unlike the volume 1 slabs that I'm trying for in 9.6 SS, these I want in 9.8 blue. But I couldn't pass up on this one that showed up in the mail today:

Archie1MiniseriesSS98_zps053fd934.jpg

Archie1MiniseriesSS98BACK_zpsc24a445e.jpg

The second one came in today as well. Crappy scan but its a 9.8 white:

Archie2Miniseries98_zps883c663a.jpg