• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's CGC submissions dropped off at NYCC have shown up on tracking yet?

181 posts in this topic

Today is your birthday so maybe they will give you a present and enter it today lol

Hallelujah, we have ignition - Received :whee:

Glad it is in the system, bud. Hopefully, this thread will initiate a policy change and express and other ultra-expedited books can be segregated and entered to get in the system post haste.

:roflmao:

It wouldn't be too bad, actually.

There's no chance you'd be able to keep all the tiers separated for packing during a show - logistically, it just isn't possible because you'd have to somehow store & organize thousands of books whilst taking submissions, answering questions and doing everything else (which is why books are packed up pretty much immediately when they're turned in). But keeping open boxes for Express/Walkthru books during the show and then mailing them back separately when the show is over, marked for urgent care & attention, seems doable ...

Today is your birthday so maybe they will give you a present and enter it today lol

Hallelujah, we have ignition - Received :whee:

Glad it is in the system, bud. Hopefully, this thread will initiate a policy change and express and other ultra-expedited books can be segregated and entered to get in the system post haste.

:roflmao:

It wouldn't be too bad, actually.

There's no chance you'd be able to keep all the tiers separated for packing during a show - logistically, it just isn't possible because you'd have to somehow store & organize thousands of books whilst taking submissions, answering questions and doing everything else (which is why books are packed up pretty much immediately when they're turned in). But keeping open boxes for Express/Walkthru books during the show and then mailing them back separately when the show is over, marked for urgent care & attention, seems doable ...

That was my thought, despite Mr. Hurley's extreme levity . . .

I totally agree. How difficult is it to have a priority box where subs that have paid triple or more for priority handling are placed into a separate box from everything else. That does not sound difficult to me. I wonder how many other people are in my situation and may have complained about the lack of organization and if anyone at CGC is listening.

...like they listened to the outcry about charging submitters extra for graders notes. They listened till we got tired of asking. With 12,009 submissions at one con I guess they don't feel they need to change a thing. Definately a good business to be in. :/

Hey, you could always submit your books elsewhere.

that would help TATs for the rest of us :devil:

Since you guys always seem to post together, I will answer you together - maybe you should take your own advice :whatev:

Since you guys always seem to post together, I will answer you together - maybe you should take your own advice :whatev:

Maybe I will, and then I can start a thread in comics general that CGC doesn't give my "special books" enough attention. And possibly call them and explain that I am the most important submitter in the world and demand the respect I am due.

Maybe I will, and then I can start a thread in comics general that CGC doesn't give my "special books" enough attention. And possibly call them and explain that I am the most important submitter in the world and demand the respect I am due.

shoofly.gif

Jeez, why attack someone for being upset they paid for something and aren't getting it?

My clients call me all the time demanding things...why? Because they are paying for it. I, as a client consultant and service person, help them any way I can so they continue to keep working with me.

Most businesses do this...for many in the comic industry that theory seems to go out the window for some reason.

Jeez, why attack someone for being upset they paid for something and aren't getting it?

My clients call me all the time demanding things...why? Because they are paying for it. I, as a client consultant and service person, help them any way I can so they continue to keep working with me.

Most businesses do this...for many in the comic industry that theory seems to go out the window for some reason.

Thanks for finding the right words for me. So much seems to be about not violating confidences then giving honest advice and feedback. Oh, and getting a leg up on the other guy. It's troubling some times.

Because none of us work for CGC. He has already stated he called them, why does this thread exist. CGC is slow, if you don't know it, you live under a rock. I submit a box to them every few weeks, pay for fast track on lots of things. Yet I just follow the TAT thread and get my answers, but this thread is just another example of peoples inability to have any patience. The books have to ship back, the books have to get checked in. If saving $10.00 is not that important, mail them and it will show in the system faster.

You don't get the expression "if it bothers you don't read it".

You make no sense either, as I have responded to every single "point" you use to criticize me for starting this thread.

Why don't you just chill dude, you're gonna bust a vein chillpill.gif