• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

David Ayer's 'Suicide Squad' Will Be 'Dirty Dozen With Supervillains'

-------------------

Though Ayer has never directed a superhero/comic-book-based movie, his films have only gotten bigger and more ambitious. He has a very raw style, and that's just what a project like Suicide Squad needs.

“Fury whetted my appetite for a bigger canvas and this idea of world creation,” he told Empire. “You can do amazing things as a filmmaker if you have the proper tools, and those are time and money.”

After telling the site that Suicide Squad would be 'a Dirty Dozen with supervillains,' Ayer asked the question, "Does a movie really need good guys?" The truth is that's the appeal and mystery of this movie.

-------------------

Cara Delevingne Eyed For Role In SUICIDE SQUAD; Is She Playing 'Harley Quinn'?

------------------

With Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Tom Hardy all being eyed for Suicide Squad, the latest name to enter the mix is now Cara Delevingne. The 22-year-old actress, model and singer is apparently being eyed for a villainous female role in the David Ayer helmed DC Comics adaptation.

------------------

Is there definitive casting for Vixen yet?

I don't think so. It's just been big star names being dropped with no casting mentioned.

But the character Vixen was supposedly confirmed.

Yeah, nobody on the casting lists appears to be screaming "VIXEN" quite yet.

Please comic gods, don't let them cast Halle Berry....I'll jump off of an 8 story bldg.

Cara Delevingne Eyed For Role In SUICIDE SQUAD; Is She Playing 'Harley Quinn'?

------------------

With Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Tom Hardy all being eyed for Suicide Squad, the latest name to enter the mix is now Cara Delevingne. The 22-year-old actress, model and singer is apparently being eyed for a villainous female role in the David Ayer helmed DC Comics adaptation.

------------------

hm Yeah, she looks like she has enough :makepoint: to pull off Harley.

Cara-Delevigne.jpg

I agree with some of the others... Too many announcements. Suicide squad, sinister six, shazam, etc. I'm just not interested in a slaughter of poorly done movies, Ryan Reynolds back in a super hero movie scares me.

The best bet if people like to play cautious is stick to Marvel and Batman related keys, as they have a proven track record.

Tough comic book speculating bets are buying the Image comic books that get optioned by a Hollywood studio,then waiting years to see if they ever get made.

I suppose if you're buying some of those Image books at 50 cents to a dollar a piece its not too hard to sit on them. Hell, you can find the Legends mini series for a $5 easy.

Speculating is best served on minor books that don't have a lot of room to tank. Spend the big $$ on books you love.

Speaking of Legends, don't sleep on #1, first app of Amanda Waller.

She's already appeared on TV quite a number of times. They even tried to give her more what could be termed more sex appeal to the masses.

It still has not been confirmed which characters will be portrayed in this movie?
I think David Ayer already spoke to that list. At least the core members. It is the actors filling the roles that is pending.

Harley was not mentioned yet. Yet.

It still has not been confirmed which characters will be portrayed in this movie?
I think David Ayer already spoke to that list. At least the core members. It is the actors filling the roles that is pending.

Harley was not mentioned yet. Yet.

I would of liked to have seen Deadshot but since he's in Arrow I doubt they'll put him in. Some bets I would make would be Nightshade, Amanda Walker, Vixen, and Rick Flag.

Not exactly sure what Joker would be doing in this since it would be completely insane to put him on the team, but this does hint at a really good chance of seeing Harley Quinn in this!

Or am I reading way too much into it?

Not exactly sure what Joker would be doing in this since it would be completely insane to put him on the team, but this does hint at a really good chance of seeing Harley Quinn in this!

Probably because the movie's backers have a tough time selling the studio on a film featuring a guy named Bronze Tiger and another guy who throws boomerangs.

The Suicide Squad is a great idea in theory, but its history in comics has been mostly a joke due to the terrible pool of characters from which it rosters a team.

Probably because the movie's backers have a tough time selling the studio on a film featuring a guy named Bronze Tiger and another guy who throws boomerangs.

The Suicide Squad is a great idea in theory, but its history in comics has been mostly a joke due to the terrible pool of characters from which it rosters a team.

The way to make the Suicide Squad a winner is to go straight back to the original source material and then develop the stories from there. My 2c

Something like this...

Brave_and_the_Bold_v1-25.jpg

... with more of a Spielberg/Jurassic Park feel to it!

Now that would be a pretty darn kewl movie, IMO. hm